• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Partner Shoot. Oct. - Nov. 2014

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
things finally slowed down I been getting ready for hunting season and final preparations for my last 'vous of the year. Tomorrow I'll get ol' Cota Dearge out and shoot the target

Almost forgot...

Here's them fine-print, blah-blah rules I said I'd post...

One target entry per team.

6 shots per target.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 6 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading rifles (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. (you can use a smoothbore or pistol if you would like)

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each teams score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen names must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by December 1, 2014 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun!

I made a grievious error. Out where I do my shooting is and old trash dump. There was an old washing machine so I taped my target to it. The first shot looked like a small cannon hit it. I tried one more with almost the same effect. I taped it to a cardboard box and that solved it. However I am not sure it can be scored you can see all the shot holes but one and it is the size of a silver dollar all by itself. Do I send it anyway?

MDK_WV I got the target in the mail Monday but the wife got a flu shot Sat. & has been real sick from it :barf:

Seems better tonight so I'll try to get to the range by the weekend.

If I can get as near to your shot as it is to center we will be giving this a real run :thumbsup: Nice shoot'n

Sean, take your time, Jethro gave us until Nov to finish. Nobody has met our challenge for the longest distance between shots, so we can always win that category. Shoot when you are ready.

MK, I believe Stormcloud n me are farther apart than you n Sean. From Winton to Hickory is 1755 miles as the crow flies. Maybe somebody will shoot that crow before the contest is over. :wink: GW

Grey Whiskers you may have us beat on the distance because our crow would have to fly around for a while to add 400 miles to our distance. I guess we will just have to wait now the shootin part of the contest. Good Luck.

Had a job cancel so I got off early & got here done.

Fit a fight with my .32 to get the caps to go off :idunno: still don't know what was up, but got two shots in and then No go :cursing: after about 10 no fires on 3 caps from 2 different tins I changed nipples & got it shooting again.

I'm ok with what I shot over all & dang happy with the 1st & 4th shots. :wink:

Hey I got a blank peice of paper in the mail no bullet holes at all, where do I aim now. I won't say who its from but he knows.... :rotf: :idunno: :blah:

Sean Gadhar said:
Ask how far he missed by and on what side ..... And aim there :rotf:
Yeah then I could kindly explain how all my shots landed within the hole he shot

2_Tall said:
Sean Gadhar said:
Ask how far he missed by and on what side ..... And aim there :rotf:
Yeah then I could kindly explain how all my shots landed within the hole he shot

:rotf: Guess I never thought of that.

Aim for dead center.
The no-hole will measure from center to corner plus .250"
This applies to all targets with a miss.

yeah my bad were 1 and 5 the other three almost made one big hole right next to the target hole. I had a hangfire on the first and just pulled the last

I think my two had something to do with a jerk. I started to drop the rifle to see where I hit before I had shot......like a jerk :doh:

Both were straight below the others.

Back