• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Parker Hale England Whitworth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N8Gunner

32 Cal
Reaction score
Title says it all...
Willing to pay for quality
If you have one and can part with it
please contact me here on the board.
Thanks

Thanks
Will phone them tomorrow to try figure out if its all Birmingham England made , or Italian made , with a Birmingham barrel. Thank you so very much for the lead,
Nate

I hope you were able to buy the Whitworth rifle from track of the Wolf I noticed Saturday morning that it was sold pending funds I hope it was yours

Thanks for the well wishes, but it was gone shortly after my last post. ( and not to me )
I snoozed , I loosed, lol
Pretty sure it was an later , Italian made with England PH barrel anyhow,
but thanks for the heads up !

Sorry - I got a friend of mine to call them up - it was a very early and genuine Parker-Hale with a serial number of 11XX. If you saw my thread on this rifle you might have been saved some heartache.

Take a look here - TOW....... - from last Friday.

Meh,...am sorry I missed your thread. I have been working 5pm to 5am nights last few weeks and dont get to check as often as I want to.
Glad your friend got it, and if I am meant to have one, an England PH will turn up for me at some point.
Thanks buddy !

Hmmm. I have a Parker Hale Whitworth rifle. I have two sets of English-made molds for it also. What do you suppose it would take to "pry it away" from me? I'm gonna have to "dig it out" of the safe and take a look-see to determine just when it was made. I bought it used and have had it for over 20 years (I believe). Not been fired by me. The only Parker Hale "lemon" I ever had was a 2-bander that was assembled from left-over English parts by Navy Arms (back in the day).

Hmmm. I have a Parker Hale Whitworth rifle. I have two sets of English-made molds for it also. What do you suppose it would take to "pry it away" from me?

Under serial # 9000 is what I seek.....
Getting me all giddy here......The suspense is gonna kill me ! If you come up with a price, let me know. I have cash ready to go on one of these.
Thanks !

Give me a day or so. I need to first figure out just which safe it is in. I am a "casual browser" of this forum and don't yet know the "ins and outs" of navigation. Do I contact you directly?

Yes please. I shall PM you my contact info and would at some point like to speak with you on the phone -Thanks

PM Sent- Thank You

Last edited:
Under serial # 9000 is what I seek.....
Getting me all giddy here......The suspense is gonna kill me ! If you come up with a price, let me know. I have cash ready to go on one of these.
Thanks !

You have my sympathy. My Whitworth has a three digit serial number. There isn't enough money to make me part with it. Besides, it has some blueing wear, little nicks and dings here and there.

I keep it in the basement but have a de-humidifier running all the time. Because of various life issues, I wasn't able to shoot it for a while. I took it out about a year ago along with my Shiloh Sharps rifle and it seemed like the stocks were dried out.

Not wanting to risk anything else, I soaked the wood down with ballistol oil. I'm talking dripping wet. I set them in the corner and the next morning the wood was beautiful. The little nicks and dings were still there but it seemed like all the character of the wood just popped out at me.

Years ago, I was looking for a good reproduction Davisdon rifle scope and mounts but couldn't find anything. So I gave up.

I've been wanting a really good condition P-H 1858 Enfield but other money issues surfaced to prevent an acquisition. So I may have to settle for the Pedersoli. Before that, I'm going to see what I can do to get the Euroarms '58 Enfield to shoot.

I say all of this because, I hope you can find someone willing to part with a P-H Whitworth. If you are wanting a shooter and the Pedersolis are accurate reproductions (except for the markings) I encourage you to look at them.

Be advised, however, the Whitworth can be finicky. It only likes heavy bullets and stout powder charges. Once you get a good load figured out, you will giggle like a little boy with every shot.

BTW, don't waste time with hexagonal bullets. The conical versions shoot just as good, if not better.

Good luck on your quest.

Thank You, Enfield58.,and everyone for the advice and encouragement.
Am still hoping that Megadeath and I can figure out a deal on his. There seemed to be some confusion with the 9000 and below serial number thing.
at this point, and given the scarcity of the guns , I am certainly willing to buy a later Parker Hale Whitworth ( with England barrel) even if the balance of the parts are Italian made.
I have at this time a new unfired 1978 Italian made Euroarms P53 , and it is a damn nice gun. Have 2 more as well, an Original Tower 1862 with new Bob Hoyt bore in it,
and my favorite "shooter" of all, an all England Parker Hale P58 2 band musket
I just desire a Whitworth because....#1, Muh accuracy..... and #2 Muh Confederate heritage. I can daydream of shooting ( insert one : Yankee General , antifa, communist , goblin, Dolly Parton ) melons at 800 yds.
at the Ranch we deer hunt whitetail at in eastern Washington, there is a steel human silhouette set up at 600 yards off of the ranchers front deck.
and while I suspect that I can eventually start ringing it with my 2 band Enfield, I think it would be fun fun fun to ring it with a Whitworth.
I may try and fill our 1 per year deer tag this year with a muzzle loader, instead of my Remington .308 "deer harvester"
Thanks again, all

Yes ! Thank you for the link
Your pm's to me are locked somehow, so I have been unable to reply your PM's because they were locked.
Sent you a PM
Have been watching the item.
Thank you much

Didn't even bid on it.
Don't want a "New in Box" Whitworth.
Nor do I care to pay 9.7% sales /use tax to the tax eaters of the Washington state govt.

Latest posts

Back