• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Parker Hale .451 Volunteer.......should I?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use CCI mags. I dont really think it makes that much difference. Use what you can get and afford. I have RWS caps, but have never used them. Got 3,000 of them.

Fleener

All of the caps I've tried have worked fine. Somes better than others though so I rate the Dynamite Noble RWS caps at the top of the heap.
They are a bit more expensive and hard to find though.

IF you can get them, then Dynamit-Nobe/RWS #4, as mentioned already, are the hottest I've ever found - they will, of course need to be top-hat or musket caps, rather than the smaller versions used for handguns and some rifles. There are other brands, but when it comes down to it you'll be stuck with what is available.

I didn't know that CCI made musket caps.

BTW have you noticed the other recent arrival from Norn Iron? Lives somewhere near Portrush, it seems. The Creedmoor team is building up nicely!!

OK, I'm getting there slowly. The world of nipples has opened up to me. The LGD has no black powder (or rather isn't allowed) but I found a guy who does but he has no caps. Out there, somewhere, is a supplier who has it all. I will find him, and I will buy something from him.
TFoley, I did not see a reference to a new guy but will look now.

While looking, you might take about ten minutes to see our good friend Rob and HIS .451cal Volunteer rifle. The guy is a gem, to say the least, and IMO a national asset to all of us with an interest in Victorian era shooting. His multi-track movies showing him as a complete rifle section in the attack are a pleasure to watch.

PS - if you lived nearer to me I'd give you a slack handful to get you going, assuming that you already have your BP license.

Took mine out today, I'm trying to not put a tang sight on it, instead I use a Redfield 20 front globe sight with the rear notch sight. Still trying to fine tune a load and get it dialed in.

I would like to have a set of plans for the field box. Does anyone have a set of plans for that type of box? It would make a great display piece since I'm not physically able to shoot them any more.

I would like to have a set of plans for the field box. Does anyone have a set of plans for that type of box? It would make a great display piece since I'm not physically able to shoot them any more.

You could try getting in touch with Rob via Youtube. TMK nobody actually makes such a thing commercially, but lots of shooters I know have them and use them as he does.

Latest posts

Back