• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Parker Hale 3 bander makes meat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidLeadSlug

40 Cal
Reaction score
Good size doe shot at 110 yards. Didn't think I could reach out through the brush off-hand but it happend. Was able to recover the slug in the body. Expanded nearly twice the orginal diameter! Retained most of the lube and weight.

Good luck to all those going out for muzzloader as my season has come to an end 35 minutes into opening day.

Attachments

• 20220924_070805.jpg
    20220924_070805.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220924_144930.jpg
    20220924_144930.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Great hunt. I prefer to kill does and rag horn bucks over trophy deer any day. I hunt for meat. The does and small bucks always taste good. I leave the big racks to those who like bragging rights and horns. I am too cheap to have a head mounted. I shot a 12 point many years ago and just sawed off the rack. That was enough of a trophy for me. It lives up in the attic and has been there for 20+ years.

Forgot to add that that 12 point deer was the worst meat I ever tried to eat. Even the dog wouldn't eat it.

Congrats. I don’t care if you shoot a doe, a monster buck, or something in between I’ll be tickled for you. Personally I’ve never had bad venison unless I messed it up.🙂

Huzzah! Good for you Sir!
My first, well first 4, muzzleloader deer fell to my Euroarms P53 Enfield. Used a Lyman 575213OS and 70 grains of 3f Elephant.
I miss Elephant... Niff

Huzzah! Good for you Sir!
My first, well first 4, muzzleloader deer fell to my Euroarms P53 Enfield. Used a Lyman 575213OS and 70 grains of 3f Elephant.
I miss Elephant... Niff
I've heard many things about elephant. I stopped feeding my rifles goex and spend the extra on Swiss now.

Latest posts

Back