• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Parker-Hale 3-Bander in Whitworth stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20200608_221914.jpg

20200608_221841.jpg

20200608_221855.jpg

I recently picked up this Parker-Hale. 577 3-Band P53 type Enfield, that looks like someone stuck it in a Whitworth stock. Or it was assembled from cleanup parts?

Does anyone know what thread pitch the Ramrod is, so I can get a jag?

Is it a PH made in Birmingham or and Italian one?

If it's Italian, it's going to be a metric thread, but I've seen two or three sizes on different rammers. You can check the metric thread in most Lowe's or Home Depot stores in the nuts and bolt section where they have fixtures that show the thread sizes.

If it is real PH of Birmingham, then the thread size should be 12 x 24 TPI.

Gus

P.S. Oh, if you know a machinist or someone who works in say an automotive repair shop, they may thread gauges or have dies that will tell you what size it is.

I would NOT order any tips or jags before you find out for sure what thread size the rod actually is. Since it looks like a put together gun, the Rammer might be Italian or English, but there is no way of telling which one someone used to assemble the rifled musket. Better to find out exactly what you have.

Last edited:
Looks like your stock is for the' Volunteer' offerings in 451 no reason couldn't be WW but think most are Henry rifling .WW' s had that style of stock . The Parker Hale is their own thread to suit their line of brushes & jags 'Ive heard it described as a' bastard thread' . Ditto the shotgun rods . Pretty good stuff all the same. If new shooter asked what rifle should they buy we (The Sheffield Branch MLAGB ) would suggest go for the Volunteer or the Two band the latter being the least finicky . The Three band less preferred & the Artillery Carbines the least useful for target shooting .
Rudyard

Back