• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parker Hale 2 Band Enfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmandavid

.58 caliber, Go Big or Go Home
Reaction score
OK, this is a Parker Hale, Euro Arms 2 Band Rifle. The Barrel is marked Parker Hale but i am not sure if the Barrel actually is a PH or not. anyways, I picked this up cheap, believe it is unfired. .58 cal. Bore is like a mirror, tries to photo but just couldn't get a good photo.
Model 1858 2 Band Rifle
Naval Rifle pattern 1858 two band.
Date code - BM = 1999
Caliber: .577"
Barrel Length: 33"
Overall Length: 48 1/2"
Weight: 8lb 8 oz (approx.)
Stock: Seasoned Walnut with solid brass furniture.
Barrel: 5 grooves 1 in 66" twist
Sights: rear sight graduated to 900 yards, front sight fixed.
Barrel is marked "Parker Hale Ltd Birmingham England"
Apparently after Parker Hale went under in 1990 Euro Arms bought up their parts and continued to produce the gun in Italy.

enjoy, Dave
DSCF1728.JPG
DSCF1729.JPG
DSCF1730.JPG
DSCF1732.JPG
DSCF1733.JPG
DSCF1734.JPG

My understanding is that if the barrel is marked Birmingham such as yours it is the genuine article, even if the rest of the gun has Italian parts. Another check is if there are Italian proof marks on the barrel - I think. That is a purdy firearm.

I acquired a Parker Hale 1858 Enfield from another forum member. It’s also beautiful and accurate. It’s definitely a PH but it also has 1:48 rifling. Do you shoot this one?

My understanding is that if the barrel is marked Birmingham such as yours it is the genuine article, even if the rest of the gun has Italian parts. Another check is if there are Italian proof marks on the barrel - I think. That is a purdy firearm.

I acquired a Parker Hale 1858 Enfield from another forum member. It’s also beautiful and accurate. It’s definitely a PH but it also has 1:48 rifling. Do you shoot this one?
Here is a photo of the markings on the side of the Barrel. NO English markings but i have also read PH marked Barrels are Genuine. Also the Lock Plate is marked with a PH and Crown. Dave
17.jpg

Okay. Here's the skinny. Parker-Hale barrels ran out - completely - after ~14000. Parker-Hale guns - completely made in Birmingham - ran out ~9000.

Yours is a Parker-Hale BARREL, breech-plug fitted in Iddly, and proofed in Gardone Val Trompia in date-code BA - in 1991.

PN = Pulvero Nero = black powder.

Coat of Arms of the city of Gardone Val Trompia, Brescia Province, location of the Italian National Proof House since around the sixteen hundreds, and home of Pietro Beratta, the oldest gun-making company on earth.

All of this information has been posted here recently, mostly by me.

The Enfield P58, according to David Minshall, current and past champion shot with a similar rifle, is THE rifle of choice for the open-sight military match - its shorter, heavier/stiffer barrel gives outstanding accuracy. The P58 and 61 DO have the 1/48 twist.

Do a search for P58 - he has written a LOT about it, also this week.

Okay. Here's the skinny. Parker-Hale barrels ran out - completely - after ~14000. Parker-Hale guns - completely made in Birmingham - ran out ~9000.

Yours is a Parker-Hale BARREL, breech-plug fitted in Iddly, and proofed in Gardone Val Trompia in date-code BA - in 1991.

PN = Pulvero Nero = black powder.

Coat of Arms of the city of Gardone Val Trompia, Brescia Province, location of the Italian National Proof House since around the sixteen hundreds, and home of Pietro Beratta, the oldest gun-making company on earth.

All of this information has been posted here recently, mostly by me.

The Enfield P58, according to David Minshall, current and past champion shot with a similar rifle, is THE rifle of choice for the open-sight military match - its shorter, heavier/stiffer barrel gives outstanding accuracy. The P58 and 61 DO have the 1/48 twist.

Do a search for P58 - he has written a LOT about it, also this week.
Thank you, Dave

Back