• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Parker hale 1858 2 band

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The .577 rifle at the top of this thread is what Parker-Hale marketed as the 1858 Naval Pattern Rifle. The .451's were either the Volunteer or Whitworth.

David

Thanks for the correctment. I imagine that the sights are missing to make them less attractive to casual theft.

The last trip I ever had with my father was a visit to this fine ship and I saw those rifles and they looked mighty impressive, I certainly enjoyed it a little more than the tour I had of the victory. I hope to take my daughters one day.

There are Two Redundant Enfield moulds just outside Ashby-de-la Zouch(by the sea-for the oldies).
1. LYMAN N0.575213 .Not marked PH
2.Custom Made (POSSIBLY Rodger Davies) Mikes at
.580" so would need sizing.
Also 4 different Base plugs of unknown parentage.
All will need Vapor blasting.Can be collected by arrangement.Haven't shot Enfield since I found my .452 Cooper & Goodman Patent.40 yrs odd.
Also copies of reprints by W.S.Curtis of Treatise on the Enfield-Pritchett Rifle 1st.Ed.1854 bt Cptn.Jervis-White Jervis,R.A.
Observations on Muskets,Rifles & Projectiles by Henry Wilkinson,M.R.A.S.,M.S.A.
Collect them,Try them and keep in touch.S.& D.R.& P.C.is just over the hill from me.

OLD DOG.

If you need a mold, I have a couple of PH Enfield Molds and would love to gift you one. Not sure what the freight would be to England....

ADK Bigfoot

Probably the sights were removed due to some blithering idiots thinking they would be safer without them.

Latest posts

Back