• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Paper Weight or Shooter.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the cylinder is lining up correctly with the barrel (in battery) and the clearance between the front of the cylinder and the back of the barrel is correct, go get it! Never over load an old gun. The military charge was designed to not only be effective but to insure the reliability of the weapon. Staying within the recommended powder load and loading procedure will always produce the most reliable and consistent results.
Neil
Where would one find the correct clearance measurement for an ASM revolver?

Where would one find the correct clearance measurement for an ASM revolver?

It matters not if it is an ASM or another revolver. I like .002" to .004" and no larger so as to scrape the residue from the front of the cylinder by the forcing cone. If the clearance is greater you may encounter hangups insofar as the turning of the cylinder.

Regards,

Jim

As long as the cylinder is lining up correctly with the barrel (in battery) and the clearance between the front of the cylinder and the back of the barrel is correct, go get it! Never over load an old gun. The military charge was designed to not only be effective but to insure the reliability of the weapon. Staying within the recommended powder load and loading procedure will always produce the most reliable and consistent results.
Neil
As I've mentioned before, I shoot my older & Brassies with lighter loads than the newer Steel framed C&Bs...but never to full potential. Even in my new Walkers....40grns of 3F is as high as I go.

Latest posts

Back