• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

paper patched bullets for fast twist muzzleloader barrels.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattman

40 Cal
Reaction score
i have two percussion side lock 50 cal rifles that have fast twist barrels. one is a 1/28 and the other is a 1/32 twist. the 1/32 is a lymn hawken type. it is new and i built it from a kit. a very very nice gun. the other is a custom i built my self that is also very nice. well im back from denver for the last of my cancer treatment and trying to get some strength back. yesterday from i think it was NOE i ordered a push through bullet resizer in .491 size. i can make bullets in ,50, resize them to .495 then now i can again resize to .491. i will make them about 425 in weight. they have a slight cupped base. i can either double wrap them with number 9 paper or single wrap them with 18 pound paper. both work very well. about 80 grains of powder a 60 thousands thick wad then the paper wrapped bullet. very easy to load and very accurate every shot with no fliers. many years ago i had a .491 resizer but it got lost some how or borrowed out and never came back. now i will have another one and can shoot my fast twist muzzleloaders again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back