• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Panther Mini Wall or wedge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to buy first tent and am torn between the Mini Wall and the Monster Wedge models. It would normally just be me using it but my wife may decide to join me (at least once). I know I would loose a little floor space with the mini wall. But I was thinking I could get a cot close to the wall and with the wedge the cot would be have to be set away from the side by at least a foot and I would loose that space for storage anyway. Has anyone used the mini wall? How would you compare a wall to a wedge?
Some of our members have sewn stress points on the sides of their wedge type tents, this allows them to tie a limb on the side and stake the sides our for a little more room. The stress points are sewn on both sides, usually three

One thing of note, a wedge is fine from caveman to modern living history buffs.
But the wall may not get you in to all events. A wedge you can take any where and any time files be making smoke.

One thing of note, a wedge is fine from caveman to modern living history buffs.
But the wall may not get you in to all events. A wedge you can take any where and any time files be making smoke.

Correct!

The Wedge has some pros..., and most versions of a "monster wedge" are tall enough for a person to stand up inside. Wedge tents are made for sleeping shelter, nothing really else. When they are used with storm ropes, they pretty much stand in just about all weather. They tend to be the least expensive of the "full covering" shelter options. They are simple to put up. AND As Tenngun mentioned, they work for just about every historic portion of the black powder era.

Wall tents tend to be much better at using the available space, especially the "small" versions. They do take more poles and can be a bit more complex when putting up. While costing more, they cost usually is justified by that extra space. Depending on the style, they can be found at least in the middle of the 18th century...(See Laboratory Tent) However the most common versions are sometimes not thought to be historically correct everywhere.

LD

Got mine today its the medium wedge Sunforger, with "super" ground cloth and sodflaps. Hope to set it up sometime soon.

Tent.jpg

Smart move on the sod flaps, they are worth there weight. My ground cloth is a canvas tarp bought at tractor supply it is heavy weight and very well treated with water proof. And can be used in the 9 ft. wedge and also in the 10 ft. wall. Got a lot of miles on them and still going strong.

Don’t overlook Red Hawk Trading in Idaho.

A Friend just bought a diamond shelter from them and he’s well pleased with it.

He has always been a Panther man in the past….Red Hawk got his order and shipped it in a timely manner….. and this was just this past May!

Back