• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pandemic Auction Revolver "Phenomena"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by “collectible” you mean only guns (or anything for that matter) that will increase in value because of some inherent quality, then I may agree with you. On the other hand, anything is collectible. I “collect” reproductions because they allow me to have representative examples of many of the pre-ACW and ACW period guns that are my primary interest. I could never afford to have originals of the 30 or so guns in my collection. I do, however, appreciate quality, so I have tried to by 2nd generation revolvers when they are reasonably priced and I have four, I think - but who counts? 😬 I have bought three Parker Hale Enfields but my defarbed Armi Sport P1853 is more accurate than the PHs and cost me about $400 less. I also have two Mirokus and I think they are desirable for their accuracy and appearance, so they’re collectible, no?

I watch Gunbroker and I’ve made some pretty good deals, but I do a lot of looking. I’ve noticed that good deals on 2nd gens that three years ago were selling for $400-$500 are now closer to $750 and up. You’re right, though, the 2nd gens priced at much more than that do languish.
These people with 2nd Gen Dragoons that have been fired are not getting $1400 for them on GB

It's more of a case of, let me list my stuff on GB for some sucker lotto ticket price and see what happens

Collectible, to me, is an item that is desirable and will hold or gain value

With ArmiSport having churned out more repro muskets than can even be counted over the decades , and continuing to do so, only affected by COVID, they won't be "collectible" as far as the market

With only 9000 P-H's being made. Honestly, few people even care. The market just considers them another repop.

I just sold a well used , shooter grade original 61 Springfield for $900 here on the boards and the guy was apparently unhappy , because I guess he expected it to become a museum piece while in transit. So who knows, it's always tricky when it's time to sell

Could not agree more! I buy to shoot, not to resell at some exorbitant price everyone complains about when others do it! Everyone whines about high prices until they want to sell their items. Suddenly high prices are OK!
Couldn't agree more. I tell my wife guns are "money in the bank" or a " great investment"! I'm a bad husband! I buy to shoot! Period!😂

With more "projects" acquired over the last 60 years, I've found that junk remains junk - even if I can sell them for more than I paid. Good items have gone up - some way up. Market fluctuates accordinmg to the age group with expendable income and what turns their crank.

"Commemoratives" - created from the get-go to be "collector items" are a prime example regardless whether it's a gun or a repo something else.

Back