• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Pandemic Auction Revolver "Phenomena"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough

40 Cal
Reaction score
To premise, I watch GunBroker on a daily basis to see what is being offered. Since the pandemic started about a year ago, I have seen a steady rapid decline in the numbers of new(er) revolvers from Pietta and Uberti. That, it seems, has led to the rise of more older, obscure, and damaged revolvers showing up since the new supply has basically dried up. I, for one, enjoy seeing what folks have kept in their possession all this time, which seems to have signaled a window where these guns can be sold now due to an addiction which I will term as "buyer withdrawal", whereas in "normal" times few would have paid a passing glance at these guns.

I think there is a new mindset happening with some folks thinking that Italian production will either slow to a future crawl or maybe even cease altogether.

In that case, all the Italian revolvers produced from the late 50's until present are now a new collector area, just like the Colt 2nd Gen, 3rd, gen, and Colt Blackpowder Products revolvers are, only there are so very many different variations of them it will be a chore (and a challenge) to list them all. Dr. Jim L. Davis tried to start that up about 15 years ago with the RPRCA (Replica Percussion Revolver Collector Association) but he was really only on his own in doing so, and it died when he passed in September 2019, and his collection was sold off, but that is another story.

Regards,

Jim

Attachments

• 1860 Army Uberti 001.jpg
    1860 Army Uberti 001.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 912
  • 1860 Army Uberti 002.jpg
    1860 Army Uberti 002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 859
  • 1851 Navy .44 Hawes XXX 001.jpg
    1851 Navy .44 Hawes XXX 001.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 914
Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been scammed by anyone on Gunbroker, but I have seen some amazing run on prices there. It is the Ebay of guns with the largest population of bidders. It is a great place to sell, but not a great place to buy with all the competition. That being said, I have also gotten some great deals on Gunbroker. Not so much in the last 6-8 months, however.

Gunbroker LOL you mean gun joker,That sight is a joke and a rip off overpriced and full of scammers.
I would say you can get a good buy on GB, just look before you leap. I got a NIB 54 cal GPR on GB about a year and a half ago for $415. Other than having to remove the nasty factory finish, it's been a good rifle.

I would say you can get a good buy on GB, just look before you leap. I got a NIB 54 cal GPR on GB about a year and a half ago for $415. Other than having to remove the nasty factory finish, it's been a good rifle.
Agreed. Look closely and ask questions and you can weed out the worst of it. I’ve done alright there...

I’m an 1860 fan and I would love some quality time with the mechanic who worked on that pistol.

Gunbroker LOL you mean gun joker,That sight is a joke and a rip off overpriced and full of scammers.

Before the recent craziness I felt like I STOLE several overlooked treasures on Gunbroker. Both black powder and center fire.

The only place i've gotten burned by a bad barrel was...well... here!

It was several years ago and I just considered it the cost of doing business and moved on.

I just had a friend of mine a younger guy just getting started in BP shooting he decided to buy a rifle own his own and some A HOLE took advantage of him sold him a rifle telling him it was one of his favorite guns because it was a super accurate shooter according to him.asked him to bring it over before shooting it so we could go over it. when he brought it over i about fell over this was not a real gun it was some kind of flee market wall hanger the barrel was a piece of 3/4 electric conduit still had the blue writing on the bottom of it.I went back to the place where he bought it and the guy was gone packed up his stuff and fled never to be seen again.He also bought a 45cal rifle from a gun shop in Phoenix I had the pictures on here the barrel was cracked at the breech plug and around the drum he was told it was in excellent condition by the owner.I loaded that gun and we straped it to a stump and fired it the rear of the barrel exploded this guy could have been seriously injured.So that’s a few reasons I don’t trust anyone.

A deal is where you find it. The market is better now for Repros in part due to
general firearm panic and also that black powders do not require serials to
be recorded and are mystery guns. People on auction sites have histories
like ebay that tell you their sales history. Then too these preppers are
turning to Black powder in their off the grid do your own ammo thing.

Back