• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN Pair of 1851 Navies .36 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two 1851 Navies, 1 brass framed FAGS mfg. (old) & 1 steel frame PIETTA mfg
includes 1 paper cartridge maker & 300+/- .380 round balls (for brass frame FAGS) Pietta uses .375 both guns have all new internal parts $ 335.00 + shipping for all. I would prefer local sale (Lancaster, Reading, Honey Brook Pa area, will travel within reason) will ship if I absolutely have to. Postal money order feel free to ask questions I will do my best

Brass frame FAGS cylinder pin has been pinned vertically on the threaded end and threads reinforced with j-b weld. A brass spacer at end of cylinder ( not attached permanently) and a set screw drilled and tapped for bad slot in cylinder pin wedge area. Cylinder has 1 safety pin. timing and lockup all good, and tight.
Barrel has pitting but shoots really well for its condition ( I have won a shoot or two with it).
The recoil shield has not been hammered, shooting around 12 grains black powder with a lubed wad under ball. I try not to abuse it, also new TOTW nipples CCI # 11 or Rem # 10 caps This gun was bought originally for parts but I worked on it and decided to make it a keeper and shoot it.

Steel framed Pietta was also bought for a fixer. It has a new 2018 barrel, no short barrel pin problem ,and all new internal parts. It also has 1 saftey pin on cylinder, someone was, I think, trying to install them but gave up, so I just left it. The gun has one problem, when hammer is put on the safety pin it will not cock with out ever so lightly rotating cylinder in its direction. I have not got around to fixing it, but I do not use it that way so I have been letting it go. Needs some work on the timing. It shoots as good as a new one. It will take full loads no problem. CCI # 10 caps

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG