• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA. rifle deer season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 20232 View attachment 20229 View attachment 20229 View attachment 20231 View attachment 20231 Today was the last day of the PA. rifle deer season. Its buck only the first week and buck or doe the second week.
I hunted with my daughter several days. She killed a doe with her unmentionable rifle last Sat. I managed to take to does with my Great plains rifle. The first was a decent size, the second a little small. I was slow hunting and came up on it and shot as it stood up, didn't realize haw small it was. We saw several bucks but none that met the requirement of having at least three antler points on on side.
Flintlock only deer season starts in 12 days and Ill be back out. I have one more doe tag and my buck tag. With a little luck Ill take one or two more.
Excuse the punkin suit. You have to wear florescent orange in the regular season. In flintlock season its not required and I ditch it for wool cloths in dark colors. I have never not once ever encountered another hunter in the late flintlock season.
Good luck. Good hunting.
LC
LOL, you apologize for shooting a small doe, I deliberately look for one. That's where the tender and most flavorful meat resides!
There is normally an abundance of does here, most hunters are interested in collecting horns. I have not found a way to cook them yet, so I will only take a buck or a larger older doe if it is late in the season and I have no meat yet. (Like last year)

Congrats on the does. I'm in 5d, but do most of my hunting in 3a and 5c, just not enough woods or willing landowners in the Philly 'burbs. Hopefully I'll get out at some point. My older brother is the one whovsyarted me hunting years ago; now he just bought his first front stuffer, a .50 Hawken, and I'm taking him to the range this sat to work up a load and teach him the ins and outs.

Back