• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA Muzzleloading Hunters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read in a recent Pennsylvania Game News that 80,000 muzzleloading hunters took to the field last year! Now, I know PA is a big hunting state, with about a million hunters, but even still, I was amazed at that large number! That's a lot of caps & flints!

hanshi, good answer. The last count for Indiana muzzleloading deer hunters was 30k plus but some how with black magic the DNR determined less than 2k used traditional rifles. I’m convinced they used a “woke” algorithm to determine this number.

For PA early muzzleloader it is for the inline shooting people. But you can take a flintlock or percussion if you want. I haven’t made my mind up yet what I’m gonna take. 54 cal Lyman trade rifle or 58 cal trade gun. Both are flintlock.

The real Pa. muzzleloader season is after Christmas. Flintlock only. The wanna be season is mid October.

Muzzleloaders, either flintlock or percussion are allowed during all PA hunting seasons. The caliber restrictions for small game and big game are specified in the regulations for all seasons. The “flintlock only” season has been around since the 1970’s. It always was after Christmas. When all the other archery and rifle hunters had their seasons. This hunt, however allows the hunter to period dress if they prefer and has no fluorescent orange requirements. In October there is the “muzzleloader season”. It is a week long. It starts about two weeks after archery and during squirrel season. Hunters must wear orange hats and vest/jacket. Only antlerless deer may be taken. Any muzzleloader can be used with any type sight. I am a resident and think this is the most “muzzleloader” friendly setup there is.

Latest posts

Back