• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PA making BP

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While this one is my personal favorite, I think you are looking for some thing more modern and technical.

1659711799747.png

Early 18th Century Gunpowder Tester Signed F. Richter For Sale at 1stDibs

Seems all other brands are one word, so a one or two syllable name would be best - swiss, goex, pyrodex, 777, schuetzen, etc.

Ursa
Black bear
Holy black
XP(lode)

Welcome from one that has been to your store. Good luck with the powder, I hope I get to try some soon.

Welcome. lately I have switched to APP, with great results.

Owner of Belding & Mull, Inc. Starting to make BP. Looking for black powder tester, to test power.
I use my 1848 3rd Model Dragoon as a powder tester, hasn't hurt it a bit. Just use a tried and true method, ball milling each ingredient helps make a uniform powder. I graphite coat my powder for more uniform powder ignition. A pistol works fine for me.

If a person had some sort of consistent medium, like wet or oiled sawdust, I wonder if the penetration of a ball fired from a pistol would give a good measure of the relative power of one batch compared to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back