• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pa.Flinty only season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be out tomorrow, wearing my 1770s reproduction colonial long coat. It weighs nine pounds and is the warmest outerwear I own. If I run out of lead balls, I can cut off the pewter Rogers Rangers buttons and melt them down for replacement ammo. The woods conditions are terrible, but we will be doing drives, so hopefully the deer will move in front of our sights. Good luck to everyone
Your awesome!

EED84404-E30E-4846-B5B5-154021953AC5.jpeg
First deer with the Kibler. Awesome first day of flintlock season. We’re off to a great start.

Was going to get the little carbine Pa hunter flintlock Shooting today… Just didn’t have enough time after shooting Hawkin. It will stay unfired… as it’s been for 20+ yrs

Had cast some .50 Ball at 183gr and some Lee Real bullets at 253gr for for it.

Maybe next week I can get it shootin…. And then use in Pa soon.

Pedersoli Jaeger .54 Flintlock is ready.

Hope some deer are left…
E69438B3-249D-4B5F-9AEB-18E17DEC2DF9.jpeg
as I see many hunters are gettin em 😉

Congrats to all who got a deer! I've been hunting new territory this week which is always a challenge. This morning was perfect hunting. Was in the woods early and saw 2 just about first light. Still too dark to shoot. Plenty of deer sign where I'm hunting. Just need to figure out their patterns. It was warm and damp enough that the ground was perfect for still hunting. I will be out again Monday and have a plan so I'm feeling optimistic!

Was going to get the little carbine Pa hunter flintlock Shooting today… Just didn’t have enough time after shooting Hawkin. It will stay unfired… as it’s been for 20+ yrs

Had cast some .50 Ball at 183gr and some Lee Real bullets at 253gr for for it.

Maybe next week I can get it shootin…. And then use in Pa soon.

Pedersoli Jaeger .54 Flintlock is ready.

Hope some deer are left…View attachment 186386 as I see many hunters are gettin em 😉

I believe it is required in the special regs areas of 5C.
Not required but game commission recommends as there is an open regular firearms season. The extended doe season had been in just the counties limited to shotgun, muzzleloader and archery but now the entire WMU is included. Lots of hunters in the woods this opening week, but in 15 years hunting the SE corner of the state have not once met another hunter carrying flintlock.

Not required but game commission recommends as there is an open regular firearms season. The extended doe season had been in just the counties limited to shotgun, muzzleloader and archery but now the entire WMU is included. Lots of hunters in the woods this opening week, but in 15 years hunting the SE corner of the state have not once met another hunter carrying flintlock.
Really? Ok. Not the way I read it. Glad I'm in 4C with none of that. Too much overlap of seasons all over.

I ran 2 hrs north on Monday since it's one of the 2 places I have a doe tag for.
It was 5 degrees and a fresh dusting of snow ontop of crust when I started out at day break. It was awesome.
It was where I hunted this fall and shot a doe.
I honestly was hoping just to see a deer.. Oh. My. Word.
By 1:45 when I left for home, I had seen 16 doe and 3 bucks. The one buck was a really really good one, big frame. He jumped from his bed at 75 yards.
I had one far shot at a doe that stood still unaware of my presence and I missed.
All the others just had to much stuff between us or wouldn't hold still for a shot. It seemed like every bench I got on, I was into the deer.
This was Tioga County in Tioga State Forest.

Going out to a good spot tomorrow. Hopefully get into em again.

Latest posts

Back