• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA flintlock season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
I barely got to get in the woods for the Connecticut muzzleloader season.
Aside from guns and gear, what do I need and how do I get it, so I cab drive down to PA for a day and hunt during the late flintlock season?
Especially interested to hear from other non PA residents who have done this.

The only other things you need are the license and a place to hunt. License can be picked up many places. I assume you'll be hunting NE Pa for your shortest drive.
Yup. Closest place I cab find some public land to wander.

Might be a pipe dream depending on license and tag fees.

Someday/year I will get there though.

Your NR License will cost you $101.97 and the NR Muzzleloader will cost you $21.97
Once you hit Pa on I-84 west get off the first exit which is the Matamoras exit.
Hang left go about 2-3 miles and CumminsHill Road will be on your right.
It goes under I-84 and go up 4 1/2 miles and you'll hit plenty of Delaware State Forest land.
Deer are there.
I'm off this coming Wednesday and after that I'm off on Thursdays maybe we can meet up if you come down.

Here is the link to the PA Game Commission. Game Commission. You will need a non-resident general license and a muzzleloader tag. There is a good amount of public land in NE PA. Both state game lands and state forest. Here is a link to the state forests. Find a Forest.
I hope you have a good adventure!
Peregrine beat me to the licenses.

Here are a couple links to make it easy to find public hunting
Pa Game Lands
Pa State Forests
Thank you both

I used to live in PA and hunted that season. I’ll be headed that way in January to hunt for a few weeks in January. Mainly in the center and southwest part of the state.

I think all told for my non-resident licenses and doe tags which I applied for in July, I have about $200 sunk into it. Which seemed extremely reasonable to me.

Quite the offer, but you'd have to drive an extra 3-4 hours to my house. But with my bird season now closed, I'll be hooking up with neighbors to chase rabbits, or maybe take my percussion SxS out to look for squirrels. Sitting for deer is boring to me.

Forecasting rain for the opener tomorrow. If so I've got the rest of the week to go out so not too concerned.

NARC50, if you're interested in someone pushing deer around for you in the new year let me know, provided you are hunting on public land. I'm 30 minutes west of SC. Had a few moving around today running dogs.

@3Setters
I have not figured out how to start a conversation. I am assuming I can't until I reach a certain number of posts or something. Send me a conversation and I'll respond with my cell number. It would be great to get together sometime in January!

Back