• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PA early season October 15th -22nd

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squirrel season opens the same time (I think). Decisions, decisions. :hmm: :hmm:

"SQUIRRELS WON"

Vern
Youre a little late friend. Squirrel season opened this year on Sept 12th.

I dont normally hunt the early season. Usually too warm, besides I prefer to hunt small game in October and early November rather than deer.

I'm going up in 3A. I actually purchased a bear tag and feel hopeful/confident that I may get a chance with a good acorn crop and a bit of corn still around. I've got two brothers coming to hunt my farm including one that hasn't been up in nearly 20 years and who doesn't do a ton of deer hunting anymore. Not sure if he's bringing a flintlock or percussion, but it will be a sidelock for sure and I'll be hunting with my .54 flintlock.

I'll be in 4D. Deer are scarce in the mountains where I have been taking my dogs for walks. Almost zero acorns. I think they are still in the fields for corn and graze.
I may just hop over to Black Moshanon area just to see if there are deer over there.
Leaves are much prettier than I expected. Great walking weather.

It may be in the high 20s tomorrow morning, so that will be fine with me. I like the cold, and the leaves will be falling like crazy.
Bear is also legal if you have a tag. I'm considering a walk in the higher mountains where the bear usualy hang out. Hard to say with the lack of rain, and no acorns.

Hey Zimmer......Once in a Pa. Blame Comm. road stop , my hunting buddy tried to give the warden a rag , while asking him to please wipe the blood off the bumper. Warden turned away to hide his smile. That was worth a 45 min. interrogation. We will be in area 4D. HAHAHAHA....oldwood

Tagged 2 on Monday the 19th up in the Delaware Water Gap Natl. Rec. Area (3D). Got them exactly an hour apart, with my( factory) laminated TC Hawken ( percussion). A happy meal at 9:40 and a plump tasty at 10:40. 75 and 100 yard shots respectively.
This is " Autumn's" first season, and she's off to a bully start!

Attachments

• 20201019_111749.jpg
    20201019_111749.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 150
Tagged 2 on Monday the 19th up in the Delaware Water Gap Natl. Rec. Area (3D). Got them exactly an hour apart, with my( factory) laminated TC Hawken ( percussion). A happy meal at 9:40 and a plump tasty at 10:40. 75 and 100 yard shots respectively.
This is " Autumn's" first season, and she's off to a bully start!

What part of the DWG do you hunt? I hunt above the town of the water gap, and the Portland PA side.

Back