Quantcast

PA early season October 15th -22nd

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Sidney Smith

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Squirrel season opens the same time (I think). Decisions, decisions. :hmm: :hmm:

"SQUIRRELS WON"

Vern
Youre a little late friend. Squirrel season opened this year on Sept 12th.

I dont normally hunt the early season. Usually too warm, besides I prefer to hunt small game in October and early November rather than deer.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm going up in 3A. I actually purchased a bear tag and feel hopeful/confident that I may get a chance with a good acorn crop and a bit of corn still around. I've got two brothers coming to hunt my farm including one that hasn't been up in nearly 20 years and who doesn't do a ton of deer hunting anymore. Not sure if he's bringing a flintlock or percussion, but it will be a sidelock for sure and I'll be hunting with my .54 flintlock.

TerryK

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I'll be in 4D. Deer are scarce in the mountains where I have been taking my dogs for walks. Almost zero acorns. I think they are still in the fields for corn and graze.
I may just hop over to Black Moshanon area just to see if there are deer over there.
Leaves are much prettier than I expected. Great walking weather.

Grumpa

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have tags for 1A, 2A and 2B, haven't decided where I'll go. Mostly, I just want to walk in the woods with my flintlock.

Richard/Grumpa

TerryK

40 Cal.
Reaction score
It may be in the high 20s tomorrow morning, so that will be fine with me. I like the cold, and the leaves will be falling like crazy.
Bear is also legal if you have a tag. I'm considering a walk in the higher mountains where the bear usualy hang out. Hard to say with the lack of rain, and no acorns.

oldwood

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Zimmer......Once in a Pa. Blame Comm. road stop , my hunting buddy tried to give the warden a rag , while asking him to please wipe the blood off the bumper. Warden turned away to hide his smile. That was worth a 45 min. interrogation. We will be in area 4D. HAHAHAHA....oldwood

Muddly

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Tagged 2 on Monday the 19th up in the Delaware Water Gap Natl. Rec. Area (3D). Got them exactly an hour apart, with my( factory) laminated TC Hawken ( percussion). A happy meal at 9:40 and a plump tasty at 10:40. 75 and 100 yard shots respectively.
This is " Autumn's" first season, and she's off to a bully start!

Attachments