• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PA early ML

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I plan on hunting in the early PA ML season. Can I use a flinter or a primative caplock then? I know people use in-lines at that time - but I want to be sure. The regs in Pa are getting tough to understand or maybe I am getting less understandable........

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2007/deer_season.pdf

anything goes the one week in oct fer muzzleloader season, doe only is the only restriction :v .................bob

If you want a chance at a doe,just go out. Be thankful you have the special flintlock season in January. I know it is at the end of all the other seasons but I do hear that many like the solitude they get when out in the woods at that time.

Shoots Idaho or Reds? How about patching material? Does silk realy add 50 yards like Daniel Day lewis says in the movie? And (here it comes) what do you use for lube? Crisco or Mazolla? :haha: :thumbsup:

1.5 caliber! uses natural lube from potato....the potato serves as it's own patch...you just jam it onto the top of the barrel and it gets cut to an exact fit! little hairspray in the chamber...bbq ignitor....BOOM! puts a whole in a half inch slice of plywood from 40 yards!

That time of year can be warm. Take an ice chest and a couple bags of ice to stuff in your deer for the ride home.

The ice works. You remember how warm it was during last year's regular season?
I left a day early worried about my buck and drove the 300+ miles back home with 5 bags of ice in him. Skinned and quartered when I got home and the meat was fine.

yeah...we hit what?...63 degrees the first day of regular season last year. I even remember a couple days of the flintlock season in january that I wore a simple long sleeve shirt out.

The late flintlock season is great! I wonder how long we'll get to keep it. They keep pushing to modify it. It used to be flintlock with patched round balls and open v notch sights. Now they allow conical bullets, powerbelts and what ever else. Hopefully we can keep it flintlock only not percussion of God forbid, Inlines. The late flintlock season is my favorite time to be in the woulds.

I have not heard about any proposed changes to the late season. What are they wanting to change? :confused:

The late flintlock season is great! I wonder how long we'll get to keep it. They keep pushing to modify it. It used to be flintlock with patched round balls and open v notch sights. Now they allow conical bullets, powerbelts and what ever else. Hopefully we can keep it flintlock only not percussion of God forbid, Inlines. The late flintlock season is my favorite time to be in the woulds.
Mine too!

Guest, no changes that i know of thank God!!! and no more changes needed!!!

Since the PGC is changing this that, and other things...some good, bad, and some things because we have a bounch of crying/whining B!%<H’s ( have other words for them but what i said will do) that complain about stuff not being fair. I’ll say most is because of lazyness, INSTANT Gratification, and just being a B!%<H.

PA Game Commission issues some strange laws. they state that you must dispose of the skin, and other parts of the deer in the garbage when you finish butchering them . I was told that it becomes household refuse! I had to call the Game commission on this one, I aske what happens if you dispose of the deer parts in the woods? I was told that I could be fined. So I had to ask what they did to the deer that died in the woods of natural causes and couldn't get themselves to a garbage can. The poor fellow actually tried to answer me! This and their explanation as to why they limited the taking of small game to 40 cal or below, " people were shooting squirrels with 50 caibers" caused me to lose faith in our game department.

Back