• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

PA doe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faste350

40 Cal.
Reaction score
shot a doe with my 62 cal on Saturday, the last day of our general rifle season and now I am looking forward to our flintlock only season starting on Dec 26. I still have 2 tags, 1 doe and 1 buck or doe. we are getting cold weather now and it looks like we will have plenty of snow for the season, can't wait!

well to start out, it was one of things that I thought needed to be done. had a deer come in right under my stand and thought: boy this deer sure looks small. after watching it at 20 feet for 5 minutes I could see it had a problem with its front leg and shoulder. the more I watched, the more I thought: this little fellow is not going to make it through the winter and I need to do the right thing. let it get out to about 35 yards and put it right down. I had 3 tags, so that wasn't a problem and figured I saved it from a long winter.
anyhow, the rifle is a Christians Springs, Edward Marshall I finished a year ago. 37" .62 cal Colerain barrel, Davis lock, double set triggers, grade 4 maple stock ect. very good shooting rifle. .600 prb, 90 gr 3F @ 1490 fps.

I shot deer for 25 years with a trade gun I had built and decided to build a .62 cal rifle for my moose hunt back in September. that would give me better sights and extend my range over the smooth bore. shot a 3" 3 shot group with it on my 140 yard steel target from the bench. with these old eye's I quit at 3 shots, didn't want to mess up that group!

Here are some photos of the fine rifle used to harvest the fine venison!

Very Fine Rifle!!

BXKEjuv.jpg

WWrZpiz.jpg

thanks everyone. I hadn't built a rifle in 25 years, but was happy with the out come. finished a .36 cal Lancaster this spring and have the parts for a .54 and a .32 waiting in the gun room for a
winter projects. thanks for posting the pictures! our flintlock season starts Tuesday, so hopefully I can get 2 more in the freezer :)

Back