• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

PA doe down.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
My younger son is home from college on mid-term break and he was hopeful to take some venison back with him. He sat in a stand with a bow a few times, but the one evening that he easily would have scored, he got cold and climbed out early. I downed a small doe and we butchered it, so he'll go back to college happy. He also intends to hunt the late flintlock season with me and the half-stock that I built for him this year.

The rifle in the photo is a .50 cherry-stocked rifle that I built for myself with a Colerain B-weight. It's a very trim little rifle and I shoot it well.

WthTy5K

flyfisher76544 said:
Nope,afraid not.

I'm not sure why not. I've posted photos here before and they typically work. Hopefully someone who's more savvy about the photo posting function will wander along and let me in on it.

congrats to ya :thumbsup: Thats some excellent meat there. Im looking forward to some jerky off my first this yr

Thanks everyone. I've slowed down my hunting a great deal over the years and now only rarely go out, but I still love hunting with the flintlock and I'm just as inclined to pursue a doe as a buck these days.

OK, I got a little help from Zonie regarding the photo and here it is. The real issue was that it was saves as a jpeg, rather than a jpg (for whatever reason, the board doesn't like the e). I tried to re-size it and bitched it up, but later today I'll do so and re-post it.

Latest posts

Back