• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

P. Bondini, J.S.Hawken percussion pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Once again I turn to my Blackpowder Brothers on the forum for information.

I just acquired a percussion pistol, .54 cal J.S.Hawken made by P.Bondini in Italy. It is one of the most beautiful BP pistols I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find out much about it on the Internet. I have never heard of P.Bondidi before seeing this one. I just couldn't pass it up! Can anyone tell me anything about it or the manufacturer? (The photo I found on GunsAmerica. It is not mine but it looks exactly like mine except for the trigger guard and nose cap. They appear to be nickel in the photo and mine are brass.)

wm_11862128.jpg

There is information about your pistol in this handgun forum. Use the search tab and type Bondini in the search box, then select "this forum" then search. This will result in 4 pages of results to sort through. Good luck.

I am in envy of your find. I too would purchase one and will if I can locate one in my area at a reasonable price. The general consensus seems to be that they are well made and accurate. Replacement parts will be hard to come by of course. Congratulations on your purchase and let us know how it shoots.

Once again I turn to my Blackpowder Brothers on the forum for information.

I just acquired a percussion pistol, .54 cal J.S.Hawken made by P.Bondini in Italy. It is one of the most beautiful BP pistols I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find out much about it on the Internet. I have never heard of P.Bondidi before seeing this one. I just couldn't pass it up! Can anyone tell me anything about it or the manufacturer? (The photo I found on GunsAmerica. It is not mine but it looks exactly like mine except for the trigger guard and nose cap. They appear to be nickel in the photo and mine are brass.)

View attachment 34685
Being the kind and decent person that I am, I will gladly take this unknown and rarely seen mongrel off your hands.
Who else would want such a gaudy over well built hand gun.😉😳🤭
Beautiful pistol!
You are very fortunate!
This pistol rivals the very best of pistols today and yesterday.
You have a gem.....hang onto it!
Fred

Mr. Ford, You are indeed a kind and decent soul. Your offer to relieve me of the burden of ownership of my new acquisition truly humbles me. I'm afraid I'm burdened by a deep-seated need to punish myself for shooting lower quality firearms all these years and, in an act that can only be referred to as true penance, I will force myself to now use a far more well made handgun than I've become accustomed to. And, while I'm touched by your generous offer, I must decline at this time to relieve myself of it. Rest assured that it comforts me to know such great and generous souls are a part of this forum and are willing to help out those of us less fortunate... Fortunate enough to make such finds that is... (Eat your heart out!!!)😉

In one of the museums dedicated to the fur trade there is an original Hawken like that pictured … just don't remember where. Polecat

Mr. Ford, You are indeed a kind and decent soul. Your offer to relieve me of the burden of ownership of my new acquisition truly humbles me. I'm afraid I'm burdened by a deep-seated need to punish myself for shooting lower quality firearms all these years and, in an act that can only be referred to as true penance, I will force myself to now use a far more well made handgun than I've become accustomed to. And, while I'm touched by your generous offer, I must decline at this time to relieve myself of it. Rest assured that it comforts me to know such great and generous souls are a part of this forum and are willing to help out those of us less fortunate... Fortunate enough to make such finds that is... (Eat your heart out!!!)😉
I love your reply!🤣
Happy shooting and ownership of such a fine pistol.
I envy you!😌
Best regards!
Fred

Back