• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

P. Bondini Firearms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprevolver

36 Cal.
Reaction score
"P. Bondini Firearms"
I have noticed several postings over the years for black powder rifles and pistols with the name P. Bondini. Is this a distributor or a manufacturer? I would like any info available about this company. Also, did they ever distribute or manufacture percussion revolvers?

. june 6 / 13:22

from my copy of "modern blackpowder arms" bondini was located in italy.. helmut hofman inc., house of muskets, and austin-sheridan imported their products.

they offered ashabella underhammer, wm. parker pistol, and f. rochatte pistol as well as sanftl (?) schuetzen rifle and gallyon shotgun.

~d~

The Italian data base of "Gunsmiths in Italy 1945-1980" lists the following name, place and year of his registration as a gunsmith:

Bondini Paolo Cesena 1973

http://www.earmi.it/armi/database/armieri.htm

Here's a picture and some info. about Cesena, Italy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Panorama_di_Cesena_e_le_sue_colline.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesena

Cesena, Italy is located in another region of Italy pretty far away from the major gun manufacturing center of Brescia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank all of you for the input. I just purchased a CSA Commemorative Remington New Model Army Brass frame that is marked P. Bondini. I was wondering if they actually made this revolver along with other replica revolvers or if it were produced by someone elso for P. Bondini. No other marking on gun except P. Bondini, their logo, a star, and the serial number.

FWIW, I have a 54cal Hawken-style pistol with a barrel marked "P. Bondini - Made in Italy." There is also the roundel with the overlain "D" and "P" making me think this is a Davide Pedersoli firearm. Perhaps the barrel is Bondini, and the lock and stock work are Pedersoli?

I would say the quality of the barrel is excellent, with the interior being very smooth and bright. I replaced the original rear sight with a style more period-correct, and metal seemed harder than most ML barrels when I re-cut the dovetail.

It is a fine shooter.

Like this one?
524.jpg

Yep, exactly!

I replaced the rear sight. Mine is browned rather than blued. I ground off the finger rest on the bottom of the trigger guard ... that was a big improvement as I can get a much more stable grip without getting my middle finger whacked. I also checkered the grip in much the same fashion as yours.

Carried as a back-up for white tail hunting but never needed it. Back-up load was 45gr FFFg, and not at all fun to shoot. Plinking/target load is 25gr FFFg and tons of fun to shoot.

I certainly could be wrong but I don't think Bondini is a modern maker, rather I think Pedersoli is making guns in the Bondini style. Sort of like Hawken, Henry or Springfield, a well know old time name being used by modern makers.

I have two P. Bondini pistols - one is .45 Cal and in the William Moore style and the other .54 & .58 Cal exactly like the picture in the hawken style. Both excellent shooters and well made pistols. P. Bondini made his pistols in the late 1970's and early 1980's. As I remember he died in the early 1980's. Strawstalker, Co Territory

"P. Bondini Firearms"
I have noticed several postings over the years for black powder rifles and pistols with the name P. Bondini. Is this a distributor or a manufacturer? I would like any info available about this company. Also, did they ever distribute or manufacture percussion revolvers?
I have a percussion pistol that came to me unfired. Took it out to the range and loaded it with 25 gr. 3f and a patched .440 rb. Bang and what the??? The part of the stock behind the barrel broke off and hit me on the chin. Recoil busted my new gun first shot!. I glass bedded the barrel mounting screw and relieved the wood from behind the barrel. Pretty gun but bad design.

Newtire, that would disappoint me to no end.
It sounds like someone was loading your pistol, with the hand grip resting on a table, then hammering in a load, resulting in a crack in the stock.
Then later on after a shot or two the gun came apart.
Your load in no way stressed the barrel to slide back.
The barrel is held with a good tang screw, and a barrel wedge.
Good wood glue and glass bedding should repair better than new.
If not send it to me and I'll give you $10 ( I would not want you to think that I'm a scrounging %#@%& ( grin )
Best regards!
Fred

Newtire, that would disappoint me to no end.
It sounds like someone was loading your pistol, with the hand grip resting on a table, then hammering in a load, resulting in a crack in the stock.
Then later on after a shot or two the gun came apart.
Your load in no way stressed the barrel to slide back.
The barrel is held with a good tang screw, and a barrel wedge.
Good wood glue and glass bedding should repair better than new.
If not send it to me and I'll give you $10 ( I would not want you to think that I'm a scrounging %#@%& ( grin )
Best regards!
Fred
Actually, there is no barrel wedge on this model. Unless the single screw can be bedded to take the strain of the shot, all the force of recoil goes into one point directly behind the barrel. I bedded around the screw and hoping that takes the shock,also relieved the wood behind the barrel.

I also have a Bondini pistol. It's a 45 caliber marked W. Moore. I got it in a trade in the late 80s. I haven't shot it much as it tnook a while to figure out it needed 433 balls instead of the usual 440. Also the sights are very small and hard to ues.

I also have a Bondini pistol. It's a 45 caliber marked W. Moore. I got it in a trade in the late 80s. I haven't shot it much as it tnook a while to figure out it needed 433 balls instead of the usual 440. Also the sights are very small and hard to ues.
My Bondini W. Parker .45 uses 440 balls and a .015 patch and is very accurate. Are you sure yours is a .45?
The .44 calls for the .433 ball I believe.
Mine is serial #6xxx and made in 1984. Very nice workmanship!

I am in need of a percussion lock for a Bondini .45 cal. Measures 4 1/2 in from rear of lock to front. The mounting screws as you will see in the photo are 2 3/4 inches apart. If all I can find is the plate, and it is a fit, I will buy it.

Attachments

• Bondini Percussion Pistol.jpg
    Bondini Percussion Pistol.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 0
Back