• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Overpriced sellers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the nock to be bright enough. YMMV. But they aren't a lot of money.

Bore lights for breach loaders are easy. ML not at all easy. And it's hopeless if the bore is dirty or greased. If I were a dealer I would buy one of those cameras for inspecting inside walls and such. Small light and camera on a flexible fiber optic cable.

evey bore light I have had for ML are cheap brass things that run on hearing aid batteries and seem to last about a week, before they break and stop working?/!!! How bright is the archery nock? Do yo know of any decent bore lights?
I actually ordered a new borescope last night. Been wanting one for a while. Found a handheld digital camera with a very long cable on Amazon on sale at 51% off for $42 ! The camera is 8mm in diameter so it will fit most all I have. Hope it works, I figured it would be worth the gamble for the money.

I always carry a AAA battery and a flashlight. Drop it down the bore, shine the light on it. dirty, rusted or pitted sometimes brings the price down. Ultimately it's theirs and they can try and sell it for a crazy price.
Nit Wit
I carry a slip bobber light to drop down the barrel.

Some folks think a fair deal is them getting something for less than its value. Predators are both sellers and buyers.

One of my brothers is like that, I once saw him find a pair of second hand binoculars for a great price (asking $100 for a pair selling at $1,000 new) yet he still haggled them down. I love my brother but we have taken different moral paths.

I like going to the gunshows and have run across some good deals through the years. Generally, however, you end up seeing the same stuff for years on end. I think a lot of of the folks that set up just like to socialize. I myself could never be a gun show type, as I firmly live be the motto 'buy high and sell low'.

In my part of the world, we grew up learning the art of dickering on items priced at flea markets, or even person-to-person sales. There were generally no hard feelings if you and a buyer or seller couldn't come together on an agreeable price, so you moved on. But, that was when most of the sellers were just part-time and just wanted to earn a few extra bucks to supplement their income, or they did it because of boredom. It seems these days, flea market prices are the same as the local big box store, and many times they are more expensive. With the availability of the internet and companies like Amazon, we have access to the same flea market junk sellers have laid out on their tables without the problems of face-to-face confrontations, and many times we can order a better version of the products with the ability to return them without risk. Something flea market and auction sellers don't usually offer.
I still remember picking up a museum catalog-type book on antique swords, and looking through it a little. I tried to dicker with the seller and he was a little gruff about it. I put the book down and as I walked away, I saw him wrap packing tape around the the (paperback) book so that the next person who came along couldn’t waste his (the seller’s) time by “browsing.” It broke my heart to see him idiotically destroy it out of spite. I would have come back and bought it, if he hadn’t ruined it

I still remember picking up a museum catalog-type book on antique swords, and looking through it a little. I tried to dicker with the seller and he was a little gruff about it. I put the book down and as I walked away, I saw him wrap packing tape around the the (paperback) book so that the next person who came along couldn’t waste his (the seller’s) time by “browsing.” It broke my heart to see him idiotically destroy it out of spite. I would have come back and bought it, if he hadn’t ruined it
Not everyone is wired right.

I only go to gun shows anymore to look and possibly buy specialty items, cleaning supplies, maybe some black powder. I get annoyed real quick with the super high prices of firearms and ammo there. I think they all get together and decide how high they’re going to hike they’re prices up to before the show starts.. and if any of the vendors deveiates then they get shunned!

i have came across some good deals at gun shows and pawn shops, only have to remeber a item is only worth what one is willing to pay for it. Do I hagle (a bit) but once the price is set and its not what I want to pay I walk. No one is forcing you or I to buy, either belly up or walk away. As to pricing it is the sellers responsibilty to research the item and its worth not mine.

I have found some great deals at gun shows and pawn shops. You just have to be there at the right time. If you don't go and look you will never know what you may have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back