Over the counter Muzzleloader Deer tags for Non residents?

Discussion in 'U.S. Muzzleloader Hunting Regulations' started by jrmflintlock, Nov 3, 2017.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 26, 2018 #21

jrmflintlock

jrmflintlock

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.

Thanks Guys!! I have been looking into all the info you guys have provided!

2. Jun 30, 2019 #22

Bert621

Bert621

Bert621

32 Cal

You can buy over the counter deer tag and hunting license for Idaho. A muzzle loading stamp is needed. Unit 39 in September for a doe

3. Jul 3, 2019 #23

Ames

Ames

Ames

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
    Maine: More land than you will ever explore much less hunt. Non resident big game is $100. Use your muzzleloader all season if you want to, 4 weeks. Then a special mzl season follows for an extra $15, 1 week. Then, in my area, a second week of mzl for free. That $15 special for mzl is resident price, but I could look up expanded MZL non resident if you like.
    Up here is an open state. They prefer you ask before hunting on private land, but if its not posted you are not denied access. And since the papermills shut down because nobody is sending letters (paper) or reading news (papers), there are miles of open country to hunt.
    Boggles my mind when guys from the west explain how expensive leasing a plot can be.
    Its almost free up here if you respect the land owners and don't trash it. A knock on the door to ask and you are in. Return with some backstrap medallions and a bottle of wine and you are welcomed back year after year.
    Then off to NY where I pull a non res every year for $100 and two doe permits on top of that for $10 more. The key is to apply for doe in western NY where they are over running things. Non res are at the bottom of the lottery but I get them, every year.