Over the counter Muzzleloader Deer tags for Non residents?

Discussion in 'U.S. Muzzleloader Hunting Regulations' started by jrmflintlock, Nov 3, 2017.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Jan 26, 2018 #21

jrmflintlock

jrmflintlock

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.

Thanks Guys!! I have been looking into all the info you guys have provided!

2. Jun 30, 2019 #22

Bert621

Bert621

Bert621

32 Cal

You can buy over the counter deer tag and hunting license for Idaho. A muzzle loading stamp is needed. Unit 39 in September for a doe

3. Jul 3, 2019 #23

Ames

Ames

Ames

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
    Maine: More land than you will ever explore much less hunt. Non resident big game is $100. Use your muzzleloader all season if you want to, 4 weeks. Then a special mzl season follows for an extra $15, 1 week. Then, in my area, a second week of mzl for free. That $15 special for mzl is resident price, but I could look up expanded MZL non resident if you like.
    Up here is an open state. They prefer you ask before hunting on private land, but if its not posted you are not denied access. And since the papermills shut down because nobody is sending letters (paper) or reading news (papers), there are miles of open country to hunt.
    Boggles my mind when guys from the west explain how expensive leasing a plot can be.
    Its almost free up here if you respect the land owners and don't trash it. A knock on the door to ask and you are in. Return with some backstrap medallions and a bottle of wine and you are welcomed back year after year.
    Then off to NY where I pull a non res every year for $100 and two doe permits on top of that for $10 more. The key is to apply for doe in western NY where they are over running things. Non res are at the bottom of the lottery but I get them, every year.

4. Aug 22, 2019 #24

Westbrook

Westbrook

Westbrook

32 Cal

Michigan Is OTC....just buy a firearm deer license.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  5. Aug 23, 2019 #25

Stony Broke

Stony Broke

Stony Broke

32 Cal.

Times sure have changed....I shot my first deer in Wyoming as a non resident when you just went into a sporting goods store and paid them 20 bucks....but this was a couple years ago ( about 1960 ).

Westbrook likes this.
  6. Sep 10, 2019 #26

jrmflintlock

jrmflintlock

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.

I moved to Oregon for a little while hoping to get to do more hunting. I was able to put in for the draw and did not draw anything. and now I have moved back to Nevada so I'm back on the prowl for places to hunt that does not require a draw. So thank you all for your helpful information.

I still have not hunted big game with the Rifle I finished in 2017! Sin!!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  7. Sep 11, 2019 #27

Ben Meyer

Ben Meyer

Ben Meyer

32 Cal

Indiana is the place! Non residents(like me, I live in Ohio) can buy a deer licence bundle for $295 which gives you all season access, Oct 1 to Jan 1, and allows for 2 doe, 1 buck, or 3 doe. Their firearm season allows MLs and is earlier(Nov 16-Dec1 ??) followed 2 weeks later by Muzzleloader season, which is 2 wks. And depending on the county, theres often a bonus antlerless firearms season for the last week of the year.

8. Sep 12, 2019 #28

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

Six-Gun

32 Cal.

^^This. I killed my first deer ever on public land in Nebraska with a muzzleloader. It's a statewide tag and a late season, so the cold weather takes away a large amount of the competition on public land. Big and plentiful deer to be had if you are dressed appropriately for the conditions.

9. Sep 12, 2019 #29

rrebuck

rrebuck

rrebuck

Pilgrim

I've never hunted in adjacent Maryland, but I think you can harvest over 30 deer per yr with enough tags and their license fees are whatever your home state charges their residents for a hunting license. A significant issue, though, is finding a place to hunt. Western MD has public land where you can, but I don't know about the urban areas in the east. On the eastern shore, where there are lots of farms, I'd think some of them would let you hunt, but they may only lease the rights.