• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Outfitters for Traditional Muzzleloading?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadben

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there any kind of list of outfitters who cater to traditional muzzleloading?

I don't want to jump into the traditional vs. in-line argument. But I'm thinking about planning a hunt or two for next year to take my percussion gun. It occurs to me that you can't really just look for an outfitter who caters to muzzleloaders. Someone with a scoped Omega could shoot accurately out to 250 yards. I'm limited to about 100. So I'd need to work with a guy who understood those limitations.

Thanks,

Ben

Hello from Germany!

I found one in Montana at the Big Game Hunting site, but can't remember the name. Will have a look and tell it then.

Regards

Kirrmeister

You can also travel to Germany and hunt with me traditional. Costs only the flight and the room, hunting is for free.

you wou8ld do a great favor and service to this community of traditional and pc shooters and hunters if you would film your hunt.

BigBadBen said:
Is there any kind of list of outfitters who cater to traditional muzzleloading?

I don't want to jump into the traditional vs. in-line argument. But I'm thinking about planning a hunt or two for next year to take my percussion gun. It occurs to me that you can't really just look for an outfitter who caters to muzzleloaders. Someone with a scoped Omega could shoot accurately out to 250 yards. I'm limited to about 100. So I'd need to work with a guy who understood those limitations.

Thanks,

Ben

greenmountainboy, he has been a bp hunting guide for a long time in colorado.

Kirrmeister said:
Hello from Germany!

I found one in Montana at the Big Game Hunting site, but can't remember the name. Will have a look and tell it then.

Regards

Kirrmeister

You can also travel to Germany and hunt with me traditional. Costs only the flight and the room, hunting is for free.

Ja, das wuerde Spass machen. In den achtsiger Jahren habe ich in Muenchen gewohnt, aber seit dem habe ich viel zu wenig Deutsch gesprochen (und zu viel vergessen).

Was jagt man da? Ich wuerde Muenchen gern wieder sehen. 20 jahre ohne Weisswurst ist zu viel.

Wo wohnst du in Bayern?

Ben

(Oh, and eat your heart out Obama.)

BigBadBen said:
20 jahre ohne Weisswurst ist zu viel.

I feel for you, brother. Ich mochte Weisswurst auch zu essen!! Und eine gutes bier!!

(my apologies if I butchered the language there...)

Hi BrownBear!

check your PM!

The outfitter I told you is Big Sky!

Regards

Kirmeister

I have found that if you talk to an outfitter who takes bowhunters, they will understand the needs of a muzzleloader hunter.

Latest posts

Back