• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Out for a walk today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpkiller

That Other Moderator
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Took my smoothbore out for a walk today to poke around the woods and look for shed antlers. Just a nice day to be out. At one point I did find something, and although shed related it wasnt from a deer.

It did make a good target of opportunity. So I propped it up, backed up 50 yards and let fly with three paper-cartridge round ball loads from my Brooks 16 bore fowler. A quarter shows size.

DSCN1203_zpse6bab4e2.jpg

That's as good as I'm apt to do at 50 yards without sights and on a featureless target the size of a deer's chest.

So, here was my find. Recognize it? :rotf:

DSCN1205_zpsdf5cb154.jpg

No sheds found. Had a good walk and some fresh air. LOTS of deer tracks. All in all a good walk.

"Oh, sorry hun, I thought you said I should get out of the house and take a shot"!

"Oh, sorry hun, I thought you said I could give three shots"!

Good shoot'n Stumpy! That looks like one of those lids that the Pentagon paid 30 thousand for! Too bad you about nixed it's resale value. You definitely put a new meaning behind my old out house's deluxe "three holer" :rotf:

:thumbsup: :hatsoff: Any excuse to burn powder and make smoke is a good one, great shootin'.
Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Looks like you had a fine day - thanks for taking us along.

Good shooting! :hatsoff:

Silex

Could have made a snowman and blasted him. That'd be a little bit of striking back at old man winter.

:thumbsup: They look like vent holes :rotf: Pretty poor small game season this winter Charlie.Griz

Nice group!!

No one will be able to say that Stumpy can't shoot worth a @!#%& now!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

TinStar said:
Nice group!!

No one will be able to say that Stumpy can't shoot worth a @!#%& now!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

we shall all join hands and head into pun hell (which is different from the regular one, I'm sure)

:rotf:

Yea shed hunting crappy this year too much snow . Going to get 12to24 inches in the next two dayslol

Latest posts

Back