• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

our "new" cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannon.jpg

This is a Parrot that we just acquired for the 4th Louisiana (Cameron's Battery) new CW reenactment group. It is a "ten pounder" bored smooth.

Thats a fine looking piece of workmanship. Give us some details on where you bought it and/or how you built it.

Did you research your barrel mfg. method and if so could you share with us the mfg and the process?

Did they use white oak or red oak?

Is it a No.1 "Modified" carriage?

This is a Parrot that we just acquired for the 4th Louisiana (Cameron's Battery) new CW reenactment group. It is a "ten pounder" bored smooth.

Exactly "who" owns the cannon?

Nice looking gun though, how much did it cost the group?

The cannon was given to us (it is my understanding that it originally cost over $20000). The benefactor also threw in accoutrements,fuzes, ammo box, etc. The battery "owns" it I guess, although it resides at our Lieutenant's place. It was made in Coolville Ohio by Canon Lmt, and is a repro. piece. I don't have all of the details on it handy. I am new to this venture and still learning about the gun. We were all supposed to go to a "cannon school" a couple of weeks ago but it didn't come to pass and we are looking for another opportunity....

Cannons Limited? Your right. The gun was over $20,000 Yankee Dollars. Our battery's 3-inch Rifle is a Cannons Limited piece. It is a work of art. The one thing you may want to watch are the wheels. Our gun's wheels were made of bonded presses wood (high grade plywood?). We have had wood rot in both wheels.

What are y'all shooting in it?

"The cannon was given to us (it is my understanding that it originally cost over $20000). The benefactor also threw in accoutrements,fuzes, ammo box, etc."

That fellow must think alot of your group. :hatsoff:

I want a free cannon too... :D

I had the cops called on me last year for aiming a "Cannon" towards someones house...

I told the police that I was aiming my "Telescope" at the planet Jupiter, that happen to be over their roof at the time...

My telescope looks like a cannon in the dark, I had to let the police officer have a look through it to be sure... :D

612985-elec_lg-resized200.jpg

I had the cops called on me last year for aiming a "Cannon" towards someones house...

I told the police that I was aiming my "Telescope" at the planet Jupiter, that happen to be over their roof at the time...

My telescope looks like a cannon in the dark, I had to let the police officer have a look through it to be sure... :D

612985-elec_lg-resized200.jpg
So why would your neighbors be thinking that you are aiming a cannon at their house. :shocking:
Lehigh..

So why would your neighbors be thinking that you are aiming a cannon at their house. :shocking:
Lehigh..

I guessing it was the 10 inch diameter bore of the telescope that did it, hey, I'm just glad they didn't think I was looking in their windows...
whistling.gif

MM,
And why would they think that???? Been caught
before? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
snake-eyes :hmm:

MM,
And why would they think that???? Been caught
before? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
snake-eyes :hmm:

ahem... :redface: :rolleyes:

How about that cannon, it's something else, isn't it?

Mike Roberts: What all came with the gun?

cannon.jpg

The cannon came as pictured, but included 'accouterments' to shoot it, the large wooden box for the ammo, fuzes, etc, a good number of fuzes, etc...we have not shot anything but blank charges in it...it used to be used at ceremonial functions where a 'cannon shot' was wanted for salute or emphasis...it will now be used for CW reenactments.

Latest posts

Back