• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Our future generation ... 'git 'em whilst they're young!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FWIW I made this photo up for a youngster who is left-handed, and they just LOVED shooting one of my LH'd longrifles. I ended up making him a lefty Hawken a year or so later and gave it to him for his birthday.

NOTE ... the magazine cover is 'not real' ... so don't flame/sue me for copyright infringement, LOL! I bet you Jason Gatliff would get a kick out of it!

Aiden.jpg

He hit the target to boot!

FWIW I made this photo up for a youngster who is left-handed, and they just LOVED shooting one of my LH'd longrifles. I ended up making him a lefty Hawken a year or so later and gave it to him for his birthday.

NOTE ... the magazine cover is 'not real' ... so don't flame/sue me for copyright infringement, LOL! I bet you Jason Gatliff would get a kick out of it!

View attachment 138931

That’s great! What a lucky young man, I’m sure he loved it.

View attachment 138931

OUTSTANDING!!! and A LEFTY TOO!!! At the Hawken Classic I saw a young man walk into @andy52's camp with sports gear on and in 3 hours he looked like a teenager from the late 18th century. So, when the opportunity presents its self move on it! You never know, it could be a life changing event for them and another one brought into the fold!

RM

OUTSTANDING!!! and A LEFTY TOO!!! At the Hawken Classic I saw a young man walk into @andy52's camp with sports gear on and in 3 hours he looked like a teenager from the late 18th century. So, when the opportunity presents its self move on it! You never know, it could be a life changing event for them and another one brought into the fold!

RM
His dad can't go but I'll be taking my new indentured servant ;) in a couple of weeks to
Fort De Chartres for some proper footwear.

@andy52, @Rod Man He most certainly is extremely proud of that day and seems very enthusiastic about continuing in this hobby. Much of that is owed to both of you!

Here is a picture of the young man taking charge of @andy52's camp, I have a video of him shooting the Hawken, but I did it with an apple I phone and I am having difficulty trimming it down enough so I can post it. Hopefully Ill figure it out. It was an absolute pleasure meeting these fine people at the classic. His Dad, @Wmb_1983, is in the process of gathering his gear and weapons to participate in this great Hobby/Sport/Way of life. Looking forward to the next time we meet!!!

IMG_0223.JPG

RM

We will have to be sure to look each other up at the Rendezvous at Fort de Chartres in June.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you at the Hawken Classic.
You are camping in the same area as last year at the Fort? I talked to Al he's not sure he'll be camping at the June event but will be there.
He said he will camp in Nov. and will be on our team for the woods walk.

Back