• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Osiyo" from the Cherokee Nation

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPShelton

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Osiyo,

My name is JP, and I am addicted to "smoking" -smoking armament, that is!

I've been shooting cap 'n ball revolvers since '81, using them for informal target shooting and rabbit hunting while roaming California's vast High Desert.

I currently shoot a .50 caliber Lyman Great Plains rifle that I bought in 1992, and shoot targets and game with it. I use the "primative" rear sight in conjuntion with a custom front sight with a blade of German silver that I made myself. I also had the snail clean out hole slightly enlarged to accomidate a larger than stock screw to make cleanup a tad easier.

My main sidearm is a Cabela's/Pietta 1860 Army, with a floral engraved, coin finished frame, loading lever, and hammer, with the floral engraving theme extending to the blued backstrap, cylinder, and barrel. It is a sweet shooter. I also have the CVA/ASM "Navy Colt" that I got hooked on blackpowder with way back when.

I once owned a Cabela's/Pedersoli 12 bore side-by-side shotgun, and I used to hunt quail and chukar with it out in California. It met with an accident when my mare put her foot wrong and slipped, damaging the barrels when she fell on her side, scabbard side down. I plan on replacing that gun with another Pedersoli double very soon,and hope to have it before the dove season opener.

I am also in to adult precision air rifles and fly fishing, among other things.

I escaped from the People's Republic of California and relocated to northeastern Oklahoma, and currently reside in Tahlequah, the capitol of the Cherokee Nation, of which I am an enrolled citizen.

I found this site while looking for info about using Triple Se7en in percussion shotguns, and I am glad that I did.

Blessings and Tight Groups,
-JP

Welcome, sir. Have you met Ray Kirk the knifemaker? He resides in your town.

Osiyo, my brother...Welcome, i am happy you are here...i am Cherokee/Creek on one side and Scot on the other, though not registered...

you will find many many knowledgeable and capable men on this forum, they are also very helpful, if a situation arises, just ask...

Mitakayue Oyasin

Lee

JP,
Welcome to the MLF,great having you with
us. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks
here.Hope you will visit often and contribute
when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Back