• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Original US Civil War Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdub1792

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey all, I am in the market for an original US Springfield. specifically the 1842 and 1861. I have been trying to acquire original copies of all the US Rifles and I am interested in the N-SSA so I figured why not kill two birds with one stone. The outside doesn't have to be the best but id prefer it to look somewhat original, meaning no browned or barrels covered in patina. As long as there is no cracks or major chips in the wood I am happy. As for the bore, its not really a big deal as I can get it relined if it is in bad shape, my main goal is for the outside of it to look historically accurate.

Thank you

Does it have to be a Springfield or can it be one of the contractors of the Springfield M1861?
I have an original M1861 dated 1863 William Mason.

Last edited:
I don;t get this. You are begging to buy a M1861. You said contractor will work. I sent you pics of a M1861 that is is excellent condition and you never reply and now you bump the thread?

1847 Springfield.JPG

Back