• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Original P58...need help with rusty bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VR = Victoria Regina - Queen Vic. Whether you approve or not is immaterial to me, but it is part of the history of that rifle. That war is long over, Sir, we are all supposed to be friends now...

So here's a clearer stamp -

View attachment 84949

You have no idea how much I envy you your collection of Pritchett bullets - just the thing to shoot in this Pritchett rifle, then......

View attachment 84950
View attachment 84951

Pritchetts are made (forged correctly) by a gentleman in California. You can order from him directly unless there is a prohibition on importing them.

Pritchetts are made (forged correctly) by a gentleman in California. You can order from him directly unless there is a prohibition on importing them.

Brett Gibbons uses a Corbin hydraulic press to swage his Pritchett bullets, and mighty fine they look. However, shipping lumps of lead from CA to CAmbs here is UK is not a financially-sound idea. The cost of shipping would likely tax the income of a small European country. Going a step further, if he was to pre-fit them - without powder, of course - into his marvellous English-style paper cartridges, then that would beggar me in short order. His fine hand-made products are just dandy if you live in the US of A, but if you don't...................................................

copper bore brush with a patch wrapped around it, spread some valve lapping compound on it and go to town.
Valve lapping compound a very big NO NO in minie ball guns. Rifling is very shallow and the compound will remove it in short order along with the rust. Often a minie ball gun will shoot just fine with a bit of rust in the grooves.

Back