• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Original Harper’s Ferry 1816 flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This 1932 Harper’s Ferry was sold via GB to the nicest man any of us will ever meet. From central Maryland, he plans to hang it on his mantle with a period correct bayonet. We met on the Gettysburg battlefield to do the exchange, and I gave him a brief tour of a 2.5-acre property I bought 20 years ago for the National Park Service, now part of the park. It’s where the Ohio 8th was dug in as Pickett’s men crossed the field. A marble obelisk marks the Ohio 8th position, and where a gross 1950s no-tell motel (the Home Sweet Home hotel that charged by the hour) stood with its paved parking lot, the sacred ground is now clear. The archaeology there had never been done until after Home Sweet Home etc was removed. Anyhow, this very nice man Tom held his Harper’s Ferry flintlock rifle tightly while I explained how Pickett’s men crashed into the Union center’s point blank cannonades and grape shot right across the old Home Sweet Home parcel. Tom had never been to Gettysburg before, and as Harper’s Ferry is where one if the fires was lit that started the first Civil War, his new possession took on extra meaning. Mods, please mark this as SOLD, thank you

It's that white sheet that throwing off the auto-exposure meter in either your camera or your phone's camera. Go outside and put it on some weathered wood if you have a porch or a deck.
A friend does photo work for an outfit that sells online. Excellent pics from every angle. He uses a black sheet as background and lights of course. This sets off the beauty of the rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back