• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Original c.1815 Bess balls and flints available!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes/Tex

Cannon
Reaction score
Just got a catalog from Atlanta Cutlery and among all the neat stuff are Napoleonic era Brown Bess musket flints knapped at Brandon in County Suffolk as well as musket balls of the same period. They recently hit the jackpot at the Royal Armoury in Kathmandu. Besides the flints & balls are East India Company P-1796/1839 converted percussion muskets, the P-1842 standard percussion musket, the P-1837 two-groove Brunswick Rifle plus some unusual Slant-Breech M.1853 Sharps rifles with no external markings! This doesn't include all the early cartridge conversions and Martini Henrys. Anybody wanting original flints or balls can now get some through Atlanta Cutlery, though not real cheap. www.atlantacutlery.com
:redthumb:

5 original flints for $15.00- sounds cheap to me. They would be a necessity for me if I owned a Bess right now THAT'S for certain. For me, they'd be $5.something each & well worth it to have these along with the 'stuff'.
: Oh yeah - they may be for the smaller, late period locks, perhaps only 1" to 1 1/8" wide.

Latest posts

Back