• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Original austrian rifle from the 1740-1750

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, today I got the e-mail that the rifle is ready. :grin:
The original forestock was gone and the rest could not be restored, because some epoxy moron worked on it before.The barrel is signed in silver "Frantz Muck", who worked from 1731-1760 in Austria. It is 25,5" long and about a .70 cal.
Since it took about 10-12 years to reach master status, I judge this barrel from the mid 1740ies to the 1750ies.All the original furniture was there, but nothing from the forestock and the lock and trigger were completely shot. Every part that could be salvaged was used and the rest was added in the right style.The LOP was adjusted to my preferred one. The carving and checkering were copied form the original.
Here are the pics,enjoy!

Ok,here we go. I hope it will work now!
pic11.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

pic12.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

pic13.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

pic14.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

pic15.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

pic16.jpg-for-web-LARGE.jpg

I'm "bedazzled"....the carving is very conservative but the inlays and brass work surely do stand out. Thanks for submitting.....Fred

The carving was copied form the original rifle stock. I sent the stock to the gunbuilder to have it as close as possible. The checkered wrist was on the original,too. The brass inlays around the barrel pins are designed by the builder,the muzzlecap is new also. All the rest of the brass furniture comes from the original rifle.
I can`t wait to shoot it, but will have to wait until I am back in the US. So i have to be patient :cursing:

tecum-tha said:
Dirk,
the barrel is 25,5" long and about .70 cal. Quite a little shoulder cannon :grin:

So this smokepole will bring down every deer! :thumbsup:

Kirrmeister

tecum-tha said:
Not only that, sooner or later a decent wild boar,too!

I was thinking the same thing...a perfect boar gun.

Jaegers sure are seductive. Congrats on a beautiful piece! :thumbsup:

Back