• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Original 18. Century Germanic Jäger Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Friends,

For me was Christmas last Week!
I found in an Antique Store in Berlin Charlottenburg these beautyful German Jäger Rifle!! Ich was satisfied and buy it!!!
The Rifle is made by I. A. Hain from Thurnau near Bayreuth . The Beauty has many nice carvings a wooden Triggerguard with Brass Liner Single Trigger. The barrel was octagon in round Field to Field 15mm Groove to Groove 15,40mm the Barrel is Mirrow Shiny outstandig. But look at the Pictures!
Today i shoot it with a charge of 40grains Schweizer 3 a .550 Ball with 0.10 patch at 30 Meter it hits 30cm high and the Patch lies burning on the Ground!
Now i have question about Roundball Size Patch Size Powder Charge.
Also all about the Time of building the Gun!
Thank youView attachment 171669
I found a Joseph Hain in Der Neue Stockel making firearms from 1608-1618. Most likely this was an ancestor and the I.A. Hain signature is the same name as that is the formal way they signed back then. Here is a screenshot of that.

Attachments

• 001E10DF-1E34-41A6-A764-1C2F009A68C8.jpeg
    001E10DF-1E34-41A6-A764-1C2F009A68C8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back