• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Oregon? who are all you guys!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwhoffman

62 Cal.
Reaction score
OK Oregonians, ring in and identify yourselves!
who all we got here from oregon?

I'm just outside Newberg, how's about you?

Dang, you guys down south get all the fun!

you got Rebel, NWHunter and a few others down that way.

We have a small group up north here and I get to talk face to face with a few, such as the likes of folks such as Bakeoven Bill, TG (whom missed out ona small rondywhere we were gunna hookup, TVG, Basilikilt.

Great groups both directions!

Yea I shot there once but Im not a member. I just cant afford that cost right now. I do Love that place.

I just signed up to the premium deal, almost didn'y due to probkemd with Pay Pal back when they first got started, lost a bid because they said I was set to go and I wasn't anyhows it may take a while for folks to decide then sign up more webfeet will probably follow along shortly, judging from the deer tag stats. I suspect most of the ML hunters will not show up on this forum, there was a huge jump in tag applicants around the early to mid 90's and there were few if any traditional guns easily available then...kinda tells the story there.

Say, Brett, Rich, TG, what kind of organized ML shoots do you have up there in the Willamette Valley? There are a couple of clubs down here, Walker Mountain Muzzleloader over in Grants Pass and the Little Butte Mountain Men here in Jackson County. I don't belong to either club, partly because I have to work a lot of weekends and holidays. Think the LBMM shoots almost monthly.
Bill

The Forest Hills Black Powder Brigade, shoots out of Yamhill, the Oregon Territorial Freetrappers shoots out of Mollalla, I think there is one called the Willamette Muzzuleloaders In the Salem area and I think thereis a group up around Vernonia probably more but those are the ones that comes to mind, I belong to the second group which is a sort of non-group group, no politics or affiliations or dues (optional to get a newsletter) shoot is held on a members property only shoot trail walks rain or shine.

Forest hills shoots every3rd saturday,regardless.about 20 bucks a yearand 3 bucks a shoot for insurance. Wehost/put on 3 rondy's a year....feb, mmem wekendand oct. we also are co hosting a new one this year in the newberg/sherwood area.
Vernonia does at least one rondy. As TG stated, salem area is iffy and the Mollala group is sort of a semi private thing so I'm told, but those from there that I havemet are gents to ride the river with so to speak. Great guys!

I have not been to a 'vous for a couple of years so I can't comment on that but out little group has grown considerably a few years back there were only 10=12 at times and now there have been close to 30 at times, I don't get up there very much but there seems to be a lot of new faces and regulars showing up, it could be because we moved from Amity and are now closer to the metro area, it used to be a ten minute drive for me but is now over an hour but the metro guys have a beter go of it now.I suspect that in time this media will help bring in more people to the groups and events, and Oregon has tightened up its hunting regs for ml seasons to get things a little closer to what they used to be so there may be some converts from the zip gun crowd that get the traditional bug and may even consider dressing up funny to shoot once a month.

Looked like this needed to be updated.
I currently live on the S Oregon Coast in Bandon.
Spent time in the Army, KFalls, the Columbia Gorge and Springfield as well.
Sure miss those big Rogue Valley bucks of my youth.
Rod

Wickiup Junction!
659397-98f44a9ff04a32ab5044933cb2719f28.jpg

Hi! Here in Roseburg area, only been here for about 5 yr’s but been doing muzzleloading
Since early 90’s when I left military, been all over Oregon (awesome state). grew up in eugene
Area,

Hi! Here in Roseburg area, only been here for about 5 yr’s but been doing muzzleloading
Since early 90’s when I left military, been all over Oregon (awesome state). grew up in eugene
Area,
Hey Frogman
First of all thank you for your service!!
We left the Eugene area in 2016 for Bandon. Sure miss all the public land available in the Cascades.

I still make it up there for high cascade
Muzzleloader when i score that tag, or just when we feel that we need a getaway, we live on our own property
In melrose, and go into tioga unit to hunt and play

I’m in clatskanie, up along the Columbia across from Longview. Bought my first ml about a year ago and will be hunting. 54 TC New Englander. Haven’t hunted with it yet, Still practicing but I do get deer in my back yard daily. Then I bought a 10 gage pedersoli waterfowler and have worked more with it. Did some limited ducks last fall. Having a difficult time learning the Columbia. Have duck boat and lots of deks Don’t like the plastic wads to protect barrel from steel shot. A real pain in the azz. Plan to switch to bismuth for this next year. Anybody who wants to join this older then dirt Duckhunter in the blind is welcome. Contact me.

Back