• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Oregon? who are all you guys!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in clatskanie, up along the Columbia across from Longview. Bought my first ml about a year ago and will be hunting. 54 TC New Englander. Haven’t hunted with it yet, Still practicing but I do get deer in my back yard daily.
You've got a lot of elk up there too.

I’m in clatskanie, up along the Columbia across from Longview. Bought my first ml about a year ago and will be hunting. 54 TC New Englander. Haven’t hunted with it yet, Still practicing but I do get deer in my back yard daily. Then I bought a 10 gage pedersoli waterfowler and have worked more with it. Did some limited ducks last fall. Having a difficult time learning the Columbia. Have duck boat and lots of deks Don’t like the plastic wads to protect barrel from steel shot. A real pain in the azz. Plan to switch to bismuth for this next year. Anybody who wants to join this older then dirt Duckhunter in the blind is welcome. Contact me.
I’m curious to know, if you might have room for another ml during deer and elk season??? Never been duck hunting 😎!! I’m older than dirt as well, not afraid of some hard work either!!! I hope you have a great day and enjoy the weather 😎

I’m curious to know, if you might have room for another ml during deer and elk season??? Never been duck hunting 😎!! I’m older than dirt as well, not afraid of some hard work either!!! I hope you have a great day and enjoy the weather 😎
Samz
What part of the state are you in?

I am in Creswell, Oregon. Grew up hunting in Noti Oregon hunting deer, elk and bear in the coast range, moved and hunted the cascades. Now I spend most of the hunting seasons in northeastern Oregon.

I am in Creswell, Oregon. Grew up hunting in Noti Oregon hunting deer, elk and bear in the coast range, moved and hunted the cascades. Now I spend most of the hunting seasons in northeastern Oregon.
We left Leaburg 5 years ago for Bandon. Hunted elk in the Strawberries with the GPR last year for the first time. Wow, that was fun! Sure miss the McKenzie, but not Eugene. Lol

We left Leaburg 5 years ago for Bandon. Hunted elk in the Strawberries with the GPR last year for the first time. Wow, that was fun! Sure miss the McKenzie, but not Eugene. Lol
Yes, Eugene is bad and only getting worse. That’s funny I been elk hunting the strawberries for a few years, got a nice 5X6 a few years back. Do a lot of hunting in the wallowas as well, one of my favorite places on earth!

Yes, Eugene is bad and only getting worse. That’s funny I been elk hunting the strawberries for a few years, got a nice 5X6 a few years back. Do a lot of hunting in the wallowas as well, one of my favorite places on earth!
Used to BP elk hunt up the McKenzie, but elk were getting harder and harder to find. Knew I had to do something different. Last year we headed east. It was a big learning curve, but can't wait to get back to the Strawberries again.

Used to BP elk hunt up the McKenzie, but elk were getting harder and harder to find. Knew I had to do something different. Last year we headed east. It was a big learning curve, but can't wait to get back to the Strawberries again.
Yes, I used to hunt elk south in the Boulder creek wilderness but same thing it’s getting hard to find them. Also why I have been heading East. Still A little herd in the wilderness but almost a shame to hunt them. Hunted Idaho and Montana a few times. But it gets spendy.

Yea I shot there once but Im not a member. I just cant afford that cost right now. I do Love that place.
Hey Rich, I'm in SE Portland. I am a member and it would be great to have someone to shoot with. Also, they have a muzzle loading event every third Saturday from 8am to 2pm.

If anyone else is in the Portland area and wants to make some smoke hit me up!

When the Flying M ranch used to host the best rondy in the PNW, we used to invade from the north and have the best times.
Now we just look out the window and watch the rain.

Latest posts

Back