• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Oregon flintlock longbeard

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I posted the story in the hunting journal.

This one is for you Skychief! Hoping you feel better soon!!!

20ga Fowler with 70 grains of FFF, a felt wad, 90 grains volume of #6 lead shot, in a paper cup (thanks Blackhand), a heavy over powder wad and a sloppy wet fiber wad! Aka... Skychief special!!!

26 steps!

ZJSxwpL.jpg

Tsaah Wookkuh jrm!!!!!!!!!!!

If anything will help me heal, it's threads like this one. Just outstanding.

Congratulations friend!

I hate to bring this up in front of everyone here, but, if you don't blow that photograph up, frame it, and find a place for it on a wall.......I WILL make it my mission to see that you're incarcerated.

You're warned!:cool:

Great job and thanks for sharing and thinking of me.

All the best, Skychief.

Just read your great write up about the hunt.

You are now straddling a line between making me feel better and turning me green with envy.

Loved the story. Hope your buddy never hears the end of your ignition problems that day!!:D

Thanks again for sharing, Skychief.

Thanks Skychief!! I plan to put a picture underneath the mount of the fan! :)

I can’t give him too hard of a time that tube has been in my box for about five years! Since he started hunting with a flintlock!

Thank you all for the kind words! Good luck to all are you still hunting! I still have another tag burning a hole in my pocket so hopefully I’ll share more pictures

I posted the story in the hunting journal.

This one is for you Skychief! Hoping you feel better soon!!!

20ga Fowler with 70 grains of FFF, a felt wad, 90 grains volume of #6 lead shot, in a paper cup (thanks Blackhand), a heavy over powder wad and a sloppy wet fiber wad! Aka... Skychief special!!!

26 steps!

ZJSxwpL.jpg
JRM,
WELL DONE!!!
All hail the SkyCheif load!!!
Are you making a pan brush from the beard?
26 steps!!!
Awesome!!!
You must've been steady as a stone!!

The Sicilian

I usually put the beard as part of my display. I have found the bristles to be rather delicate.

Honestly I felt I was shaking like a leaf!! My heart was beating so hard!! One of the best feeling in the world!!

I have to give credit where credit is due! It was Brokennock that did the thread on the shot cups mine are a little different but I got the idea from him. The tallow on the shot cut was Blackhands idea. That’s what I remembered.

Thank you both for sharing the knowledge!! Put together with the Skychief special, it makes “Thumper” a turkey killin’ Machine!!

Congratulations. That's an fine bird and a job well done on your part. I'll read the full story in the other section when I get home from work in a few hours, gives me something to look forward to.

Glad the info shared here helped to seal the deal.

It’s a 36 inch barrel I had made by Greg Christian! It is really handy.

I made it short to fit in a hard case that would be Airline approved.

I also made it with a standard length of pull so anyone can shoot it. All my other flinters have longer length of pull to fit me. But I don’t have any issues shooting with Thumper! She really is handy!!

Back