• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ordnance/Parrott Rifle does NOT mean "rifled"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rootnuke

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a cannon barrel supplier that offers a Parrott and/or Ordnance Rifle that have sleeves that are truly rifled?

I have called several barrel suppliers and it seems that "rifle" does not mean "rifled". "Parrott Rifle" or "Ordnance Rifle" means only it looks like the type that was originally rifled, not that IS rifled.

If you read closely the fine print or call, barrel peddlers Parrot & Ordnance Rifle is a smooth bore and not rifled at all.

I found one supplier that offers rifled barrels !BUT!, you have to purchase their :crackup: over-priced :crackup: carriage. What a rip. :curse:

You could have it rifled... :hmm:

The basic rifling process is the same for a cannon as it would be for a GPR, just the tools are larger...

Having said that, what would be a good twist for a cannon? :hmm:

The Paulson Brothers are the biggest source of true rifled guns. They do Ordnance, Parrots and Wairds. Smooth bores are the best and safest for use with blanks, and the vast majority of tubes are sold for the reenactment folks. Rifling the bore also adds about 2k+ to the total cost.

Latest posts

Back