• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Optics Planet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok 1st, yes I know Optics Planet, has vary little if any Black Powder items. But they have a lot of bags, cases, cleaning jags and other general shooting items that bleed over into our Black Powder world.

I have ordered from them for years and always been happy. But from what I can tell they have fallen apart during covid :oops:
In the last few months they have a string of one star reviews, almost all seem to run along the same lines.

Item ordered, described as in stock or shipping in a few days. . . weeks go by. . . . Phones don't get answered at Optics Planet, e-mails get boiler plate responses, then an e-mail saying the item will be in stock in a month.

I ordered 2 items on Sept 18th, one item said "out of stock, will ship in 1-6 days (estimate) I wasn't in a rush so 6 even 10 days was not going to break me.
3 days after the order they send an e-mail saying the out of stock will be 31 days not 1-6. But they will hold the other item and ship them together. I tried to contact them about splitting the order, but only got generic e-mails back telling me what I already knew " they will hold the other item and ship them together when the out of stock gets in" ☹ Finely last week I get an e-mail my order shipped 👍 Got it today. . . . they only shipped the out of stock item! They held up my order for a month to ship them together. . . then ship only the one. . . . .

The other Item you ask. . . . Just got an email they expect it to ship in 6 days:doh:

Sorry to read of their downfall. I've been using them for years for unmentionable gun needs, especially pistol sights, and always been very happy with them. Hopefully they'll bring it back around.

" The other Item you ask. . . . Just got an email they expect it to ship in 6 days" <----- Yeah that was posted on Oct. 21st, it's now Nov 2nd 12 days later. . .still not shipped.

" The other Item you ask. . . . Just got an email they expect it to ship in 6 days" <----- Yeah that was posted on Oct. 21st, it's now Nov 2nd 12 days later. . .still not shipped.

Supposedly their warehouse location in Illinois had 300 employees...,

Consider this..., say the average order was $100..., and say they had 1000 such orders in a month, because folks want the items, but cannot go out to the stores, or the stores don't stock the items due to manufacturer shortages.........

So that's $100,000 dollars OpticsPlanet now has in the bank. Roll that into some sort of interest bearing account for 30 days, and considering that often the markup for some of these products that they sell is 50%..., at the end of that 30 day period, OpticsPlanet profits by $50,000, PLUS the interest they made, so if it was in some sort of account that got them 4%, they made then $54,000. ... then they fill the order.

LD

Very good response from optics planet over the years ,mostly items for the other type of weapons. Never had a problem, but they are like all other large web vendors especially with the Chinese flu, sometimes we forget the situation this country is facing and the hardships it causes for all, as to Daves explanation I believe this happens a lot virus or not.

It's sad because I too have had good dealings with optics planet over the years, it's a bit like having a good friend let you down badly. In a few more days (assuming it's still not shipped) I'll cancel my order and I suspect that will be the end of my dealings with Optics Planet.

Well it's shipped 👍 . . . .it will be here the 10th according to UPS

Just 53 days to get an Item that they said was in stock the entire time to the customer . . . . Right about the same amount of time it would have taken in 1800s by covered wagon :horseback:

Ok 1st, yes I know Optics Planet, has vary little if any Black Powder items. But they have a lot of bags, cases, cleaning jags and other general shooting items that bleed over into our Black Powder world.

I have ordered from them for years and always been happy. But from what I can tell they have fallen apart during covid :oops:
In the last few months they have a string of one star reviews, almost all seem to run along the same lines.

Item ordered, described as in stock or shipping in a few days. . . weeks go by. . . . Phones don't get answered at Optics Planet, e-mails get boiler plate responses, then an e-mail saying the item will be in stock in a month.

I ordered 2 items on Sept 18th, one item said "out of stock, will ship in 1-6 days (estimate) I wasn't in a rush so 6 even 10 days was not going to break me.
3 days after the order they send an e-mail saying the out of stock will be 31 days not 1-6. But they will hold the other item and ship them together. I tried to contact them about splitting the order, but only got generic e-mails back telling me what I already knew " they will hold the other item and ship them together when the out of stock gets in" ☹ Finely last week I get an e-mail my order shipped 👍 Got it today. . . . they only shipped the out of stock item! They held up my order for a month to ship them together. . . then ship only the one. . . . .

The other Item you ask. . . . Just got an email they expect it to ship in 6 days:doh:
I agree ...I have ordered twice from Optics ...Both times was a disaster ... Items were in stock supposedly..40m days later they can ... Could not get a phone contact and same for e-mail .. I don't know what their problem is .. I will NEVER order from them again and will advise any one who asks me about them to avoid them like the plague''' They finally e-mailed the stuff was shipped ... I sent one back after I received the order telling them how I felt ..
Naturally they didn't respond .. Done with them ....

I tried to order five different times from them. Every time there web site said in stock. Five times what I ordered was back ordered but the web site said in stock. I canceled the orders every time and informed them why. Optics went on my do not buy from list. I must have bad luck or something all I hear is oh there good to go but I can't say that.

Never had a problem with them and have orderd a few items for the un-mentionable weapons as a matter of reference have a rifle case on the way for a rifle only took about 4 days for them to ship, that's not bad this time of the year especially with the covid issues.

Latest posts

Back