• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Oppose the Attempt to Ban Lead Ammunition on Federal Lands

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fire bear

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I went to that but couldn’t find where to leave a comment. Just thinking about anything being banned burns me up.
It's under the Address section, but here it is: Regulations.gov Go to that page then at the top of the page is a search box and type in FWS-HQ-NWRS-2022-0055 there and it will take you to the electronic comment page.

So no lead sinkers for fishing we suppose to use nuts, bots, rocks, heavy worms? I must admit lead has been the cause of death for several deer over the years. If the feds ban goes thru state bans arn't far behind.

What an ignorant proposal. Natural occurring lead is everywhere, in the
ground, in the rocks and in the water. Lead is in the air,largely from
smelters outside of the USA. Mercury containing fertilizer/pestacides
is a real issue and danger--but the left will not touch big Chemical
giants. They prefer to jack with the little sportsman to create the illusion
they are saving the planet. Yet they say nothing to the major polluters
like China, Russia and Iran.

I have to think the lead ban would include the Allegheny National Forest , in Pa. , as well. There are a lot of hunting camps in that area , as well. The guy responsible for all this lead ban BS , is the mythical jerk , Stuart Pidasso. You can just call him Stu Pidasso , he doesn't mind,

The original, whole document was a very lengthy read for sure. To me, it says that many of these provisions governing hunting and sport fishing on 17 National Wildlife Refuges will stay in place, they already prohibit use of lead ammunition, however non-toxic ammunition is allowed. Two other National Wildlife Refuges will be opened up for the first time to be hunted and fished by the public. Requiring non-toxic ammunition for migratory game birds on NWR makes sense. Toxicity to lead shot ingested by migratory fowl and then by raptors feeding on them is real.

The original, whole document was a very lengthy read for sure. To me, it says that many of these provisions governing hunting and sport fishing on 17 National Wildlife Refuges will stay in place, they already prohibit use of lead ammunition, however non-toxic ammunition is allowed. Two other National Wildlife Refuges will be opened up for the first time to be hunted and fished by the public. Requiring non-toxic ammunition for migratory game birds on NWR makes sense. Toxicity to lead shot ingested by migratory fowl and then by raptors feeding on them is real.
All ammunition is toxic.

I feel that a ban of that nature has one sole purpose! CONTROL! Just think of all the money the gov will bring in on fines. I would also be willing to bet that the U.S. government officials and employees will be expected. They won’t re-design all the ammunition that they use in the military.

I wish all the people that want to de-fund the police would put all their energy and effort into de-funding the federal government 😂

If lead is so hazardous to the wild life etc... Please explain no concern with he amount of lead in the ground left behind from every battle site on US soil and the millions ? of pounds of lead on the battle fields in Europe, South east Asia and the numerous battle fields across the world apparently the only danger is the American hunter

Lead bullet ban is just a backdoor way to stop hunting and turn firearms into clubs. Solid copper rounds in centerfires drastically increase barrel wear dovetailing with the push to make parts availability so difficult it's a defacto ban and then and more importantly! Per Fed Reg any projectile containing less than 2% lead is considered AP! Wait until they start enforcing that one. And it goes without saying that ML's at least open lock type are not designed to withstand the pressures of copper rounds. Therefore rendering in such states that ML used in ML season must have an action open to the elements is effectively banned.

If lead is so hazardous to the wild life etc... Please explain no concern with he amount of lead in the ground left behind from every battle site on US soil and the millions ? of pounds of lead on the battle fields in Europe, South east Asia and the numerous battle fields across the world apparently the only danger is the American hunter
Lead is extremely hazardous to all life forms.....as it leaves the muzzle!! And that is what the government is afraid of!!

Back