• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oppose the Attempt to Ban Lead Ammunition on Federal Lands

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The deadline for commenting on the proposed regulations was August 8th. Every post after that is just the same old political ranting that is AGAINST THE RULES of this forum. If you insist on arguing politics then become a supporting member & rant all you want in the appropriate forum section & leave the rest of the forum to those who would like to discuss MUZZLELOADERS! Thank you.

The deadline for commenting on the proposed regulations was August 8th. Every post after that is just the same old political ranting that is AGAINST THE RULES of this forum. If you insist on arguing politics then become a supporting member & rant all you want in the appropriate forum section & leave the rest of the forum to those who would like to discuss MUZZLELOADERS! Thank you
This is only a discussion......

Last edited:
I feel that a ban of that nature has one sole purpose! CONTROL! Just think of all the money the gov will bring in on fines. I would also be willing to bet that the U.S. government officials and employees will be expected. They won’t re-design all the ammunition that they use in the military.

I wish all the people that want to de-fund the police would put all their energy and effort into de-funding the federal government 😂
Why Luke, you just need to get your mind right ! Uncle Sam never tolerates a "failure to communicate". EVER ! SW

I have written about the impact of any lead ammunition bans multiple times. They are nothing more than back-door ways to curtail or even ban hunting.

I can't stress this enough though; voters really have to research and look into the backgrounds and biographies of candidates. In many States such as Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and even Virginia, you have elected folks in the State legislatures that are not even from those States. Many are from NYC, CT, Massachusetts, etc. They fled those States, established residency, and are now pushing the very things they fled. Also, progressive organizations are encouraging them to move to rural States and areas and run for office. Some are not even from this country! Why we would elect anyone from places like Somalia, the Sudan, or the Congo is a mystery, but there they are.

Get out and vote and help defeat this trend.

We may no like it but if a Federal agency like F&W passes a regulation it has the effect of law. My experience is, if a bureaucratic agency want to pass a regulation it will pass it regardless of citizen input. I don't know if Congress can even prevent this. It may require lawsuits up to the Supreme Court. In the meantime, we would all be criminals for violating the regulation. 🤬

And it goes without saying that ML's at least open lock type are not designed to withstand the pressures of copper rounds. Therefore rendering in such states that ML used in ML season must have an action open to the elements is effectively banned.
I'm no fan of our lead ban here in CA. I'll be the first to inform my falconer friends, who think all lead is evil, that low velocity lead is fine. It's high velocity lead with the resulting fragmentation that causes problems with secondary poisoning & such. MLs, .22s, airguns, etc are practically harmless since the bullet stays together on impact. Thankfully, CA has not banned lead pellets in airguns for hunting... yet... Shhhhhhhh...

But lead free projectiles does not mean that traditional ML arms are banned for hunting. There are solid options for lead free. It takes a little adaptation, like using a slightly thinner patch for round ball and testing your loads. But I've managed to come up with a few combinations that give me lead for practice and lead free for hunting, shooting to the same POI out to about 100 yards. Full-bore conicals, PRB, plastic sleeve thingies... There are lead free options for each. Those states that require lead only are also looking at revising their regs, likely to help adapt to changing federal rules so that hunters can continue to hunt.

Pressures aren't an issue. I've shot plenty out of my Traditions, TC & Pedersoli guns. If they load & seat well on the way in, they'll come out just fine.

Again, it's stupid. And that's by design, I think. The slightest nuance makes for a lot of confusion with both the public and law enforcement so a blanket ban is what we got here in our state. Annoying but hardly a limitation.

Back