• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Opinion on Hawken kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appears you have made up or are close to making up your mind. In my opinion, Lyman/Investarms can have issues, but in the end you will have a better gun with one of theirs when compared to a Traditions. Just my opinion based on a few samples.

Long gone, but I built this kit for a couple of hundred dollars over four decades ago. One if my favorite shooters to this day. I’m partial to the original Hawken styling, and anxiously waiting for the Jim Kibler Hawken kit that is rumored to be one of his upcoming offerings.
45146E8A-8184-4789-A45F-4114D0AE280B.jpegEF7946E4-29B9-4BE4-8AE2-AF69ACFAA6DA.jpeg

Forgot to post - it arrived. Sanding materials I have, will likely use BC Brass Black on the brass and Laurel Mountain Forge Barrel Brown and degreaser on the barrel. Ordered .490 ball and patches today :)

Back