• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Opinion of Traditions "Trapper" pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traditions (Percussion) "Trapper" Pistol Any Good?

• Good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It might make a good Canoe/Kayak anchor ...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ugly old guy

40 Cal
Reaction score
General opinion of the Traditions .50 caliber (percussion) "Trapper" Pistol"?

Here in Idaho I can only use it for target shooting. (or as back-up to my .45 caliber 1911 for self defense)

It is not a legal hunting weapon. (except for a tree'd Mountain Lion/Puma/Cougar if/when hunting with hounds, which because of a lack of a hound or hounds, I cannot do.)
Can't even have it along for a "back-up" gun.

General opinion of the Traditions .50 caliber (percussion) "Trapper" Pistol"?

Here in Idaho I can only use it for target shooting. (or as back-up to my .45 caliber 1911 for self defense)

It is not a legal hunting weapon. (except for a tree'd Mountain Lion/Puma/Cougar if/when hunting with hounds, which because of a lack of a hound or hounds, I cannot do.)
Can't even have it along for a "back-up" gun.

I like the looks of them. In Indiana a BP pistol must have a 12 inch barrel measured from the breech for deer hunting. Not many of those around. Basically the the powers that are didn’t want BP pistol deer hunting.

Latest posts

Back