• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Opinion of new starter Rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norSSeman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Purchased a Traditions Kentucky Rifle .50 Caliber Percussion online as my first starter
Muzzleloader. Would like Opinions of this Rifle from
experienced shooters or those who have heard how this Rifle
performs, looks, and rates.

My friend has one in .50 caliber and it is a cap lock. He has the 1:66 twist in his. I have seen him shoot a deer with round ball at 100 yards and dropped it where it stood. It is a very accurate rifle in his hands.

I have shot it a few times and it has strange sights to me (I always shot to the right with it). He likes it and can hit what ever he aims at, so that is all that counts. His load is 75 grains of Pyrodex RS and a patched .490 round ball lubed with bore butter.

The other thing he can do with it is load it down and small game hunt with it very effective. He will drop the load to like 40 grains of FFg and bunny hunt with it. He seems to hit just fine with it.

I think you have a good rifle and will enjoy shooting it a lot. Now you have to get out there and burn some powder. ::

Latest posts

Back