• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinel Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After reading about the Opinel knife, I decided to buy one. For just a little over 16 bucks, this knife is fantastic! They are extremely sharp! I am going to order a few more, for myself, and some to give away to friends. Be sure to lock the blade. You definitely don't want this knife to accidently close on your fingers!

I too bought a couple yesterday after reading. A No8 and No9 I found them local at a plant nursery. Both were like 32 bucks can’t beat that! Awesome knives!

Last edited:
I also have a high opinion of the Opinel knives. I currently have the #’s 2, 6, & 8. I prefer carbon steel for myself but for gifts to family I buy the #6 in their Inox stainless. I give the stainless blades as gifts because the recipients are generally not
”knife people” and the stainless edge will last a little longer without the need for sharpening.

Mercator Black Cat Carbon Knife

Is a much better knife. The Lock works

and it was the first knife outlawed in NYC back in 1961

Neither are PC, for that you have to find the colonial pocket knife.

I tried to buy a couple yesterday and my card wad denied. Turns out some scumbag in Brazil tried to charge .09 cents at a fast food joint. CC lady said they were probably testing the card before they went wild with it.
Robby

I tried to buy a couple yesterday and my card wad denied. Turns out some scumbag in Brazil tried to charge .09 cents at a fast food joint. CC lady said they were probably testing the card before they went wild with it.
Robby
She was right. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago. Someone charged about a dollar, and after it went through, they charged over $1,200 worth of stereo equipment. I got a phone call from my CC company, and was not charged for the bill.

Mercator Black Cat Carbon Knife

Is a much better knife. The Lock works

and it was the first knife outlawed in NYC back in 1961

Neither are PC, for that you have to find the colonial pocket knife.
What is "much better," about it, other than that you advocate for it?

I don't see anyone here complaining about anything with their Opinel.

31rHFR1zDPL._AC_SY580_.jpgdownload.jpeg
How is this even comparable to the Opinel,,, which is what is being discussed in this topic thread?

If someone came on here raving about a well made but well priced cap and ball revolver,,,, would we be told that a Colt Anaconda is a much better gun,,, and some useless trivia to go along with that opinion?

After reading about the Opinel knife, I decided to buy one. For just a little over 16 bucks, this knife is fantastic! They are extremely sharp! I am going to order a few more, for myself, and some to give away to friends. Be sure to lock the blade. You definitely don't want this knife to accidently close on your fingers!
I'm a big fan; they make great gifts, too!

I also have a high opinion of the Opinel knives. I currently have the #’s 2, 6, & 8. I prefer carbon steel for myself but for gifts to family I buy the #6 in their Inox stainless. I give the stainless blades as gifts because the recipients are generally not
”knife people” and the stainless edge will last a little longer without the need for sharpening.
I have no problem keeping my knives sharp. After every use . I go over them with my black Arkansas stone, and then strop with green rouge.

Well IF this was about the Opinel No.2 thru No. 5 that are without the Vibroloc, then this would be OK as an accessory, because they would be essentially 18th century design with some 20th century embellishment.

With the lock, they are, alas, modern.
Great, inexpensive knives, but modern.

LD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back