• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opening day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son took his biggest buck yet we are now looking for mine here is the pick...he will be leaving Thursday for Korea for 2 years glad we did this today

Attachments

• IMG_20211106_094357.jpg
    IMG_20211106_094357.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 156
Well I now have a pile of blood and no buck myself called the dog

Attachments

• IMG_20211106_095411_01.jpg
    IMG_20211106_095411_01.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 42
    211.9 KB · Views: 47
Ok my last post had seemed kinda roof long day with a lot of walking all night ... Thank you to all who have responded to post no matter what happens I enjoyed the hunt with my son it was a great day for him and I am glad I was there... Him being in the air force he will be heading to Korea next week so I'm glad he got a deer that being said the buck I shot was about 70 yards away it fell at the shot got up walked back to the woods we had blood across the field for about 120 yards and into the woods another 60 little drops at the end brought in a dog never found any more blood bed or the deer I don't get it sad about that but still happy for the day and time with the boy

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_065141_01.jpg
    IMG_20211107_065141_01.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 30
    211.9 KB · Views: 33
Congratulations to your son, and thanks to him for his service.

I feel your pain about the deer you shot.
With that much blood I would be spending today walking larger and larger circles off the point of the last blood found.

Is there a road nearby he could have made it too?
Any streams or ponds he might have headed to?

Congratulations to your son, and thanks to him for his service.

I feel your pain about the deer you shot.
With that much blood I would be spending today walking larger and larger circles off the point of the last blood found.

Is there a road nearby he could have made it too?
Any streams or ponds he might have headed to?
There is a ditch that runs along the property with water in it now I believe it is where the run off out of tile from field...but we did walk it some and found nothing we plan on going back here around noon with some friends to look one last time

There is a ditch that runs along the property with water in it now I believe it is where the run off out of tile from field...but we did walk it some and found nothing we plan on going back here around noon with some friends to look one last time
I mentioned the road because I know people tho have had deer stolen.
One of them the deer just happened to drop near the road and someone driving by stopped and took it. The other had dragged the deer to the nearest road then went to get his truck, deer was gone when he got back.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back